How to get colonists to sleep comfortably?

Started by MeowRailroad, March 26, 2016, 12:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeowRailroad

It's 75 degrees in their bedrooms. (Within their comfort zones.) They complain about being overheated. I put in coolers and spend lots of money on steel, and then they have the dadgum audacity to say it's too cold, EVEN THOUGH IT'S IN THEIR COMFORT ZONE! Is there anything I'm doing wrong here, or is it a bug?
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Limdood

comfort range doesn't necessarily mean comfortable sleeping range...which is a bit annoying and hard to keep track of.

Ideal sleep conditions seem to be roughly 50-80 degrees F (from observation only).  However, if the temperature leaves the ideal sleep conditions even for a moment while the pawn is sleeping there, they'll get the penalty

HartfulFlash

I usually try to keep the temperature for rooms that pawns will be in a lot and sleep in at roughly 66 degrees and they are ok

Devon_v

Pawns sleep in their clothes, which can alter their perception of temperature. If you have Pawn State Icons installed you can see who is hot and who is cold at a glance, and may need to adjust their wardrobe.

Click on the "i" info button on the colonist.  It will tell you the min and max comfort range.  I've had colonists who's ranges where -140C minimum and +5C maximum because of the quality and material of the clothes they wore.  Muffalo parkas are well known to be OP as far as cold protection.  Some of the new textiles (alpaca wool, etc) also have these OP qualities.

The only thing that controls the comfort range is traits (ie, heat lover, cold tolerant) and clothes.  It doesn't matter if they are awake or asleep, their comfort range is the same.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.