Assigning zones to working hours

Started by anonymous456, March 26, 2016, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anonymous456

It's all very nice to give the colonists different shifts to always have someone working. But what, in my opinion, would improve this even more would be the ability to restrict colonists to a specific zone during work time.

Let's say you have a colonist: A crafter working from 13PM to 20PM. If you had some kind of tool to assign zones to hours in the restrictions tab (like a marker that colors the working hours in the zone color) you could now say "from 13PM to 20PM only work in Zone A". Zone A could be a workshop, or whatever. During this time, the crafter would only do jobs that are available in that zone and would stay there when idle.

After the working shift ends, the colonist returns to his normal restriction ("Everywhere", "Home", etc.) again.

I see a potential application for this for wardens who spend most of their shift idling around in a room near the cells, and of course to split up work better and have more precise control over the production, where hauling should be done, to draw all builders from the construction of the great wall to work as tailors in the sweatshop during the night, stuff like that. I think it has its uses.

Blixit

YES! also allocating certain colonists to certain benches would help. Having more than one kitchen in a colony can cause trouble because one stove is (in my experience) used way more than the other.