[1.3] Map Reroll (2.7.1) - Pick your starting map

Started by UnlimitedHugs, March 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Oh yes, many restarts were had back in the day. ;D
Glad you enjoy it, and have some hugs yourself! Got plenty of those to spare.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Are you suggesting to place a shrine on map generation, that would take on the functions of the GUI? If so, that is a really neat idea. It would definitely be more immersive than clicking buttons. Something to consider for future versions.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Simulacrum0

no I'm suggesting to button to re-roll shrines on the map, i have restated a few times because of bad shrine placement.

UnlimitedHugs

Oh. Well, those would be tricky to reroll without damaging the rest of the map. I'd say it's better to just roll a new map a few more times.

Simulacrum0

cant you make a button to re-roll the same seed? that would redo shrines.

UnlimitedHugs

Looked at the code, and, surprisingly, shrines are indeed not affected by the seed.
No promises, but I'll poke around and see what I can do.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.1.0

After much poking and prodding, I'm pleased to bring you a working version for A13.
Things are running smoothly, except for the the custom loading messages- due to changes in the loading process they had to be dropped. Might squeeze them back in later, we'll see.
Enjoy your shiny new colony in A13!

Mathenaut

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on March 31, 2016, 05:29:12 PM
As for disabling the cost, take a look at MapReroll/Defs/MapRerollDefs/MapReroll.xml
You'll want to set both geyserRerollCost and mapRerollCost to zero.
Take care!

Perfect

shedninji

Why is the option to reroll the start in Alpha 13? It seems whenever I make a new colony with the mod on it just continues to run as normal without giving me the option to change the map.

shedninji

Nvm. figured it out. Turns out the mod file wasn't install properly.  :o

anonymous456

Did I do something wrong or is the "reroll Geysers" option not working? I can reroll the map with no issues, but pressing the Geyser-button does nothing.

Edit: Nevermind, works perfectly now o.รด

Great mod

UnlimitedHugs

Geysers are a bit tricky- sometimes the generator just sticks them right where they spawned initially, since I use the built-in methods of placing them.
If it becomes too much of an issue, I could add some additional checks, so there are no repeats.

MsMeiriona

Oh my gods, this is what I needed and never knew about. So many times I've reset, taking hours to try and not get a bullshit spawn.

Beautiful.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.1.1

A minor bug fix release. Geyser are now unlikely to be placed in the same spot when rerolled. Thank you for the report, IgorKeefe.