[1.3] Map Reroll (2.7.1) - Pick your starting map

Started by UnlimitedHugs, March 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassiusworthington

:( aww It does not work with EdB Prepare carefully. (Alpha 13)

UnlimitedHugs

Tested it yesterday, and found it was working with the early release EdB put out. Except for your animals, which get lost in the reroll process.
In any case, let's give EdB a few more days to work out the issues.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

EdB

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on April 11, 2016, 09:41:50 PM
Tested it yesterday, and found it was working with the early release EdB put out. Except for your animals, which get lost in the reroll process.
In any case, let's give EdB a few more days to work out the issues.

Oops.  I will take a look and fix the animal problem.

luminisone

Hmmm  :-[ 

I extracted the mod into the Mod folder in the game directory, but I can't find your mod when I open up the game. Where does it show up in the UI?

UnlimitedHugs

The mod needs to be enabled through the Mods button in the main menu, as usual.
After that, a set of dice will appear in the upper right corner of the screen during the game. Works only when a new game is started, loaded maps don't count.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

darkrage000

Issue found...
not just animals getting lost in a reroll, but many things brought in by Prepare carefully. 15 sets of nano armor/helmets and other things dont spawn in

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: darkrage000 on April 26, 2016, 09:16:06 PM
15 sets of nano armor
Now here's someone who likes to prepare carefully  :D
I'll assume EdB will see this when he gets around to the animal thing. Thanks for the report.

Kaballah

This happens for me as well, when geysers are rerolled it's OK but when the map is rerolled your mod applies the default starting equipment (1 knife, 1 pistol, 1 survival rifle etc).

I like how this mod works very much, but since you'd really just be doing this at embark time, I think you should make the control  (the dice graphic) a bit smaller and less obtrusive.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.1.2

Scaled down the icon and added a config option in case you want it even smaller.

As for the Prepare Carefully issues, I could hack together a new compatibility patch. But, since it would take time and effort for what is essentially throwaway code, I'd rather wait for EdB to update. Still, if we see no news on that front for a while, it's always an option.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.1.3

Eh, screw it. Did it anyway. :P
The Prepare Carefully prerelease should now reroll properly- both your animals and equipment are safe.

Lumaan

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on April 28, 2016, 05:37:29 PM
Updated to 1.1.3

Eh, screw it. Did it anyway. :P
The Prepare Carefully prerelease should now reroll properly- both your animals and equipment are safe.
8)

dj84722

This mod no longer works for me with the latest version of prepare carefully, i keep getting the error:
Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'EdB.PrepareCarefully' from assembly 'MapReroll'.

I have tested this with only Map Reroll and prepare carefully active, and have deleted both those mods and re downloaded the latest versions
Map Reroll 1.1.3
Prepare Carefully 0.13.0.4

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.1.4

Fixed the compatibility issue with Prepare Carefully 0.13.0.4.
Thanks for the report, dj84722!