[1.3] Map Reroll (2.7.1) - Pick your starting map

Started by UnlimitedHugs, March 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

This is a really useful mod if you like to tinker with biome settings, it saved me a lot of time  :)

UnlimitedHugs

Glad to hear it.
I'm considering making something to control the starting temperature of your biome- a lot of people seem interested in the challenge extreme temperatures provide.
A tropical ice sheet or a frozen over jungle could be interesting.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Listen1

I for one would like to roll in maps that have a beach or a water lake. Like the looks of it and you can build your defense/pre-defense using one to keep melee of reach.

It's quite hard to find maps with large pools, but I guess it is just my concern.

Amazing mod btw

Ixath

I'd love to be able to pick the actual resources it starts with too. Only granite.. all of them, granite marble slate, etc.

UnlimitedHugs

Rockbass, you can tweak the amount of water that gets generated in the core biome defs- more specifically, in the terrainPatchMakers section. If you lower the thresholds of WaterShallow and WaterDeep, you can get some nice lakes. Beach type maps are probably not yet a thing, though.

Ixath, the game shows the types of stone you will get when picking a landing site on the world map. If the mod ever grows into a tweakable map generator, I suppose selectable rock types could be a thing. I wouldn't hold my breath for that, though :)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Listen1

Thanks! I'll give it a try. Nothing like having a nice beutifull lake beyond your growing area.

Madeiner

Heh, i found this after about 3 hours of rerolling with EdB prepare carefully.
I like basebuilding with a very particular map style.

I changed a couple lines in the defs:

<geyserRerollCost>0.0</geyserRerollCost>
      <mapRerollCost>0.0</mapRerollCost>

So that i don't get less resources for rerolling a hundred times. (Is that correct?)

Also, if you are going to implement temperature changes, i'd very, very much like it :)
(i'm especially looking for a big excursion so i have to consider both air conditioning and heating based on time of the year)
Can somebody elaborate on how to tweak the core biome defs?

UnlimitedHugs

Hey, Madeiner.
That is correct, setting both of these settings to zero will make rerolling free.
I'm still on the fence about the temperature tweak feature- would need quite a bit of work, and plenty of testing to make sure it works right. Also, it would become a separate mod, since it doesn't really fit into Map Reroll. Still, your voice has been noted. :)
As for the biome defs, check Mods/Core/Defs/BiomeDefs - there's lots of neat stuff to tweak.

The King of Nipples

Edit
This has been answered after checking the replies on the mod again

________________________________________________________________________________
if I change the xml to this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Defs>
   <MapRerollDef>
        <defName>mapRerollSettings</defName>
      <geyserRerollCost>0.0</geyserRerollCost>
      <mapRerollCost>0.0</mapRerollCost>
      <diceWidgetSize>48</diceWidgetSize>
        <enableInterface>true</enableInterface>
    </MapRerollDef>

</Defs>

instead of this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Defs>
   <MapRerollDef>
        <defName>mapRerollSettings</defName>
      <geyserRerollCost>1.0</geyserRerollCost>
      <mapRerollCost>2.0</mapRerollCost>
      <diceWidgetSize>48</diceWidgetSize>
        <enableInterface>true</enableInterface>
    </MapRerollDef>

</Defs>

will the map and geyser re-roll cost nothing

UnlimitedHugs

To those waiting for an update- it's pretty gnarly, to be honest.
With the advent of scenarios there is no longer a clean boundary between setup data and game data, so a whole new approach is needed if I am to crack this one. Results may not be forthcoming for a while.

LadyAth

I am happy to wait until you can find a way around the data changes.  Your mod is well worth it!

UnlimitedHugs

Thank you :)
It's always great to hear back from you guys.

123mind123

UnlimitedHugs

It most likely will. No promises or timelines, though.

123mind123

If there is any way some random stranger like me can help let me know! Since this mod is escentual for a desert oasis map I am going for.