[1.3] Map Reroll (2.7.1) - Pick your starting map

Started by UnlimitedHugs, March 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spino

Thanks for this fantastic mod! It's been very useful not only for the purpose of finding that one perfect map I'd actually like to play on but also with testing mods, seeing if the spawn rate of creatures is adjusted correctly and so on. About to try out MR 2.0 and I'm already exited - the new features are looking great  :D

Oblitus

Previews are not working with Cave Biome mod: they show normal biome maps, but once reroll is used, cave map is generated.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Oblitus on July 28, 2017, 11:26:18 AM
Previews are not working with Cave Biome mod: they show normal biome maps, but once reroll is used, cave map is generated.

To generate previews quickly, many things had to be cut from the map generator. Support for other mods appearing on previews is going to be limited.
Thank you for the report, though.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

timeandtherani

How does the reroll geysers work? When I try it, I get a bunch of arrows. I can't click on them, they don't seem to do anything (I must not be seeing something) and I can't make them go away. I presume I'm doing something wrong? Any help?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: timeandtherani on August 01, 2017, 04:44:39 PM
How does the reroll geysers work? When I try it, I get a bunch of arrows.

The arrows point to the new locations of your geysers so it's easier to spot them. They disappear after a while.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

kaptain_kavern

I just tried the 2.0 version and it's just beautiful/awesome/damn handy with the preview and all.

Thank you very much

hiepbg

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 01, 2017, 08:34:59 PM
I just tried the 2.0 version and it's just beautiful/awesome/damn handy with the preview and all.

Thank you very much

It's f*cking awesome :D

Oblitus

Now I spend time meditating over previews to find a perfect one on 100+ page...

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.1.0

Looks like the previews were a hit :D
This update addresses a left over issue with the new system- rerolling additional maps should now be actually practical. Since naming your colony used to lock out the reroll controls, there was nowhere near enough time to settle additional map. So, now you get to decide when you're done rerolling- on a per-map basis.

I also did a polishing pass on the interface, making things just a bit prettier and easier to use. Specifically, favorite previews can now be added without zooming in on the preview. Convenience!

Finally, a while back someone suggested the option to change the size for newly generated maps. This is now possible, and can be done in the Options > Mod Options menu.

Edit: Oh, and I almost forgot: when consuming resources, the system should now do a much better job picking the type of stone to replace the resource with. This should improve aesthetics a bit.

@kaptain_kavern, hiepbg, Oblitus
You're very welcome. I had a blast working on the new features :)

Mavoc

I rerolled the geysers and got arrows in my view, which were handy. When you say they go away in time, is this measured in real world or in game time?  I have a few hours worth of planning to do before I ever turn my game clock on and would very much not want to do it with arrows. I was hoping that by confirming my map that the arrows would go away but sadly no.  Luckily though, saving and loading the game got rid of them.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Mavoc on August 05, 2017, 05:37:26 AM
I rerolled the geysers and got arrows in my view, which were handy. When you say they go away in time, is this measured in real world or in game time?  I have a few hours worth of planning to do before I ever turn my game clock on and would very much not want to do it with arrows. I was hoping that by confirming my map that the arrows would go away but sadly no.  Luckily though, saving and loading the game got rid of them.

Noted, I'll move them over to real time.

khearn

UnlimitedHugs

sunwolz

There is a MAJOR bug with this whole mod that makes it unplayble.

Start a game -> "Reroll map" -> Choose some new map -> Play the map -> Save -> Exit -> Load the game ===> Some of the resources on the whole map (compacted steel, compacted machinery, compacted gold, etc) is REPLACED with standard rock types (granit, limestone, marble, etc).
The more you "Save/Exit/Load", the more resources are replaced with simple stone formations.
Impossible to use the mod right now, as it drains the map of all minable resources.

Edit:
I did some testing. It looks like a bug with the whole "reroll costs resources" thing, it keeps doing the "replace res" procedure every time the game is loaded, even after you used "keep the map". Easy to reproduced the bug.

tonsrd

Quote from: sunwolz on August 24, 2017, 12:18:46 PM
There is a MAJOR bug with this whole mod that makes it unplayble.

Start a game -> "Reroll map" -> Choose some new map -> Play the map -> Save -> Exit -> Load the game ===> Some of the resources on the whole map (compacted steel, compacted machinery, compacted gold, etc) is REPLACED with standard rock types (granit, limestone, marble, etc).
The more you "Save/Exit/Load", the more resources are replaced with simple stone formations.
Impossible to use the mod right now, as it drains the map of all minable resources.

Edit:
I did some testing. It looks like a bug with the whole "reroll costs resources" thing, it keeps doing the "replace res" procedure every time the game is loaded, even after you used "keep the map". Easy to reproduced the bug.

short term fix - go into options /mod options and check the box so the "reroll" doesn't use resources