[1.3] Map Reroll (2.7.1) - Pick your starting map

Started by UnlimitedHugs, March 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Tibo on September 23, 2018, 12:17:47 PM
Yes, i've used latest version CM from github (actually i've tried using all version CM, and all them work fine ... without MapReroll)
RimWorld - Steam and standalone (i've tried both version). Language - english.

PS CM + MR 2.3.3 = didn't working
CM + MR 2.3.4 = partially working (a map is generated, but on the preview screen 9 black squares)

Just a hunch- try moving/renaming your profile folder and running the game again. It's usually found here:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

lorebot

Looking through the thread I notice that this mod has had issues with Prepare Carefully in the past, but I'd never noticed any issues till today. I was starting some tribals with a breeding pair of huskies and after rerolling the map both of the dogs were male. I tried it with a few other animals a couple times and it seems like any tamed animals on the map when generating a new map will be rerolled along with the map. I'm not sure if it's completely random or not because in the 5 times I tried it all the animals were rerolled to male but names, ages, and health conditions seemed random so maybe gender isn't but everything else is? Could just be 'bad luck', more testing would be needed to be certain I think unless this is a known issue and I just didn't see anything about it in the thread.

Golden

Quote from: lorebot on November 29, 2018, 06:49:09 AM
Looking through the thread I notice that this mod has had issues with Prepare Carefully in the past, but I'd never noticed any issues till today. I was starting some tribals with a breeding pair of huskies and after rerolling the map both of the dogs were male. I tried it with a few other animals a couple times and it seems like any tamed animals on the map when generating a new map will be rerolled along with the map. I'm not sure if it's completely random or not because in the 5 times I tried it all the animals were rerolled to male but names, ages, and health conditions seemed random so maybe gender isn't but everything else is? Could just be 'bad luck', more testing would be needed to be certain I think unless this is a known issue and I just didn't see anything about it in the thread.
Yes, it is a known issue that the gender of animals gets rerolled when you reroll your starting map.  :(

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.5.0

Hey folks, update for Rimworld 1.1 is live.
Props to CaptnIgnit for submitting a pull request on GitHub with the fixes for the update.

So, funny story.
About a year ago I made some additions- like a fix for the infamous gender-swapping animals of Prepare Carefully and a few other things. However, some things came up and I never released the update.
Whoops.
Regardless, they made it into this release.
If you still plan on starting 1.0 games, I can update the 1.0 version, as well.

Take care and happy rerolling!

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.5.1

A quick fix to restore compatibility with Rimworld 1.0.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.5.2

Minor fix for maps failing to reroll when running a language that is majorly incomplete and missing some basic strings.
Also, the the 1.0 version has been updated with the latest additions, including the Prepare Carefully animal gender issue fix.

Vehicular_Zombicide

I've unpacked the 1.1 version into my mods folder as directed, but it still isn't showing up in game. Even when I check mark it in the "mod" dialog it will not show up in either the "mod options" menu or in game. I believe it is responsible for the following error message, which constantly gets thrown multiple times per second.

System.MissingMethodException: string Verse.Translator.Translate(string)
  at Verse.MapComponentUtility.MapComponentTick (Verse.Map map) [0x00013] in <b19ae9c6a2b34f38a22a7741fa26973e>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.MapComponentUtility:MapComponentTick(Map)
Verse.Map:DMD<DMD<MapPostTick_Patch1>?968604288::MapPostTick_Patch1>(Map)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:DMD<DMD<Update_Patch1>?-516819840::Update_Patch1>(Root_Play)

EDIT: It appears to be an issue with the 2.5.2 release of this mod. I installed the 2.5.0 release instead and it works just fine now.

tile7

If possible, add an option when rerolling to strat from some page and not from begining always.

Explanation: I use prepare landing to find a spot I like. Then EDB to find and modify the pawn as I like.
Then I save, and reroll. So when I want to start new colony, I just load initial save and reroll. And then it takes forever to see maps on page 10 in example, as I earlier already tried maps I liked on previous pages.
I think many people do the same.

wwWraith

You can turn off "Deterministic map rerolls" in the mod's options, then you'll get new maps every time.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

tile7

Yes, I know, thanks. But I dont want new maps.
I wont to go pass the maps I already played.

Kitu

I don't understand why mi game get freeze when I reroll map. Even with just this mod and hugslib installed, with no error in the log. But, when I go to world map, an error pop up : https://gist.github.com/3c7a5bce972bee4b576688e1ede5046b

Canute

Kitu,
at first move Harmony before Core.

You have alot of
QuoteFactionDef [alot of factionames] is not defined in any loaded mods.
Try to deactivate the mod of these faction/race, maybe maprecoll got trouble with all these factions.

wwWraith

Also it can be incompatibilities of RIMMSAssemble:
QuoteIt seems like this mod is incompatible with various mods which includes Map reroll, Real Ruins, Configurable maps and more planning.
- from comments on its Steam page.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Kitu

My bad, map reroll was not working, I supose because it was a quick start map. Now in my new game it work. Thx a lot for you reply.
I will try to move Harmony before Core after I start a new game, but I read somewere related here : https://rwom.fandom.com/wiki/Mod_Order_Guide that is not necessary to be before Core. IDK for what reason.
Sry for my badest english :P