[1.3] Map Reroll (2.7.1) - Pick your starting map

Started by UnlimitedHugs, March 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tile7

Hi.

Strange behaviour with latest update.

Sometimes 1st map is just black.
And when trying to change pages, it goes from page 1 to 6, 11.... not possible to go to any page in between.
Also please check if possible to start map generation from given page. Not always from page 1.

tile7

Working.
Changed load order.
Something in new version changed but with changed load order, working.

bustedbunny

Could you add support for Z-levels mod? So that reroll button appears after Z-level generated.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.6.0

Hey folks, the 1.2 update is live.
While I was at it, I tweaked some stuff:
- There is now a button to re-enable the dice button after you clicked "Keep this map"- you can find it in the mod settings.
- You can now enter an arbitrary number into the map size setting. If your PC can handle it, I won't be the one to stop ya.
- There are now some optimizations in place, so you should notice significantly faster preview generation.

Take care and have a good one.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

doc776

I have this odd behaviour. So generated world and initial map right before sleep. The next day i tried to do map reroll and it places pawns dead center of map even if center is covered in mountain. In the log it says: warn couldn't find drop spot. Yet if i start a new colony and do reroll of map right then and there, this odd behaviour does not occur and no matter what stupid settings are in map designer pawns are always placed in an open area. where ever there is room. Also it does not spawn the items in the scenario like space ship chunks around the map etc.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: doc776 on August 26, 2020, 11:46:16 AM
In the log it says: warn couldn't find drop spot.

Yeah, had this happen a few times, too. It's a bit tricky to reproduce.
The error is caused by a method in the base game that makes a limited number of random attempts. I suppose I could replace it with one of my own that is guaranteed to succeed.
If it happens again, do post your log, or just the trace of the error- it'll help me track down the method.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

doc776

things i did that may or may not have contributed:
- I generated the world and first map the day prior, so next day i decided to pick and choose a shiny map.
- spaming generate new map with out leaving it for next day with wacky settings that cover the center always placed pawns and scattered scenario items with out issue
- i did use world edit to place couple faction bases near me and change my tile temp, had no issues with regenerating the map
- today the same map seed generates identicle map but slightly different road system (omg something updated? was a good tile)

here is log after loading the save from day prior and running map reroll after clearing the log:
https://hatebin.com/rnqqryvryv

rerolling into a flat map also didnt scatter scenario items/chunks and placed pawns dead centre

UnlimitedHugs

Zylle

Minor bug, selecting 2 or more items changes the text size in the reroll window.

Pic: https://i.imgur.com/xbf3Vhq.png

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Zylle on November 16, 2020, 11:47:12 PM
Minor bug, selecting 2 or more items changes the text size in the reroll window.

That's super weird. I did confirm it on my end though, so thank you for the report.
I'll see about including a fix the next time I'm updating.

Oblitus

Rerolling maps from scenarios that have forced map features, like Mercenaries start from VFE: Insectoids or Lone Scrapper from VFE: Mechanoids, don't have those features after reroll.

enceos

Thank you so much for this wonderful mod! Even though we use it only once per story, it is still such a time and nerve saver.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.7.0

Updated version for Rimworld 1.3 is live.

Quote from: enceos on March 29, 2021, 09:17:47 PM
Thank you so much for this wonderful mod! Even though we use it only once per story, it is still such a time and nerve saver.
<3

Quote from: Oblitus on February 24, 2021, 09:02:03 PM
Rerolling maps from scenarios that have forced map features, like Mercenaries start from VFE: Insectoids or Lone Scrapper from VFE: Mechanoids, don't have those features after reroll.
Alas, it's not trivial to support features from other mods, since everyone implements them differently.

Panacea

If this is already mentioned somewhere, forgive me.  These forums are densely packed with responses and I don't have the time to read everything. 

Randomly but often get this error while generating previews for a map with a river on it.   If I try to load a map after getting this error, it will boot me back to main menu.

Failed to find all necessary river flow data
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce (string,int)
RimWorld.GenStep_Terrain:GenerateRiverLookupTexture (Verse.Map,RimWorld.RiverMaker)
(wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.GenStep_Terrain:RimWorld.GenStep_Terrain.GenerateRiver_Patch2 (RimWorld.GenStep_Terrain,Verse.Map)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke (object,System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.Binder,object[],System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke (object,object[])
MapReroll.MapPreviewGenerator:GeneratePreviewForSeed (string,int,int,bool,MapReroll.MapPreviewGenerator/ThreadableTexture)
MapReroll.MapPreviewGenerator:DoThreadWork ()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context (object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart ()

Hugslib:  https://gist.github.com/f202537db120544b540a74ac22f70cbe
Anyone who takes what I say personally is a f$%@ing idiot.

CrazyOatmeal

Reroll icon does not appear on the starting map, but appears when moving/resettling. "reenable rerolls" button in mod menu does not help.

https://gist.github.com/e4a7d8adaad5d66d5a462b34413bf692