Colour clothes

Started by juanval, March 28, 2016, 08:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juanval

It's possible for the taylor to add colour to clothes he/she makes?

I see that raiders wear clothes from different colours, but my taylor always made clothes with the same colour.

Limdood

material determines color.

devilstrand will always make red clothes, muffalo leather blue, tortoise leather green, cloth light grey, etc.

mumblemumble

I don't see why a dye system can't be added,  perhaps using flowers or such..  Would make uniforms customization nicer
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

juanval

Quote from: mumblemumble on March 29, 2016, 04:05:58 AM
I don't see why a dye system can't be added,  perhaps using flowers or such..  Would make uniforms customization nicer

It would be nice to give colour to the white cloth and choose different colours for colonists. Dark green for hunters, soft green for surgeon, black for blacksmith, orange for builder, blue for scientist, etc

Devon_v

Red for bullet sponges I mean "forward spotters".

asanbr

Traders sell coloured cloth sometimes and If you make clothes from it, the clothes will have the same color. I've made bright green, pink and blue clothes this way. Not sure which colours are possible.

Grimandevil

if u go in Dev Mode, there is a tool something like "random color", then click the item multiple times.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Bastobasto

Eventually,if you want,in prepare carrefuly mod,there is a thing that you can edit colour

MarcTheMerc

The problem with that is it decays and new colonists can not get new gear.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Alistaire

The cloth and cloth apparel that is generated (rather than crafted) has a chance to have all kinds of colours. Plant produce does not. I'm not
sure whether using coloured cloth for crafting makes the apparel coloured but it might very well do that.

Listy

Quote from: Grimandevil on March 29, 2016, 02:00:06 PM
if u go in Dev Mode, there is a tool something like "random color", then click the item multiple times.

I do wish that when you create a clothing item that the item gets zapped with that section of code. As in most of my games I normally just make sure I have a turn around of cloth, then it means before long everyone is dressed in identical grey outfits.