The rise and fall of Paradise Falls

Started by danderson, October 12, 2013, 12:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danderson

Another day, another playthrough. It didn't get owned quite as badly as last time, but... Well, let's just say some tactical errors were made.

For bug reporting purposes, I run a script that takes screenshots at regular intervals, so that I can refer back to them for illustrative purposes. Then I went back and picked out some to illustrate the rise and fall of my little corner of the rim.

So, here's my story of Paradise Falls: http://goo.gl/A5Em41 . Be sure to also read the captions, they explain what you're looking at, and what eventually caused my downfall.

On a meta-note: is this format interesting to folks? I don't have a good video recording rig, so this is about as multimedia as I can get.

nomadseifer

Great pictures and story!  How long did this game last? 
Love of an Idea is love of god - FLLW

Great Wyrm

I liked the format. I think it provided a good synopsis that showed a nice, understandable progression. Not a bad run, I'd say. At least it's a mistake you could learn from, right?

danderson

Quote from: nomadseifer on October 12, 2013, 12:44:07 AM
Great pictures and story!  How long did this game last?

In real time, 3.5 hours or so. I have no idea where that time went, it was like playing Civ5, whole days just vanish :). In game time, I almost made it to the second cycle of the moon around its planet, which I guess would be two "years" ?

I also spent another 30min after losing just watching the raiders ransack my colony. That was also fun, though a more bittersweet kind.

Quote from: Great Wyrm on October 12, 2013, 12:54:14 AM
I liked the format. I think it provided a good synopsis that showed a nice, understandable progression. Not a bad run, I'd say. At least it's a mistake you could learn from, right?

Definitely. I suspect my next playthrough will actually try to emulate the setup that killed me, but with me in the winning spot. About to dive in now, we'll see how it goes.

Lechai

Pheanox

That was a great format, loved the screenshots with bits of story thrown in.  Hope to see more!

Semmy

Nice way of telling the story.
thanks alot m8
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Spike

Nice story, and I do like the format.  Plus it's nice to know that the raiders actually will destroy your walls to get to you. :P

Hypolite

Very good story, enjoyable format, rookie mistakes :p

Tynan

I'm glad you enjoyed the week-old building-trasher pirate AI :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Bodog999

Man you have some nice stories to tell you really need to do more of this.