My list of (hopefully) original features.

Started by failtolawl, January 30, 2014, 01:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

failtolawl

Obviously I am sure some of these features have been requested, but here is my list of features  that

• Have not been confirmed
  • Have not been spammed suggested
  • Do not over-complicate the game

• Good events. Such as good harvest, solar influx, core heating up (to increase geothermal power)
  • Hunting, people like meat, so have them be happy when you take down a muffalo and eat it.
  • More types of planets, such as jungle, snow, etc.
  • Special gem type ores, purely for money making (perhaps increase raiding chances the more you have?)
  • Armor, can be looted/purchased much like weapons (Confirmed)
  • instead of orbital drops, have traders that land, pass by, and direct interact with colonists (perhaps can be attacked by the colonists)
  • Infamy system (Considers kill count, amount of colonists, amount of money) determines who trades with you and who attacks you.
  • Invasion scenarios. Rather than skilled/unskilled raider repetitive events, have well trained army invasions. (can be tied with infamy)
  • ADDED: Having another story, with stairs/elevator. (provides more compact space for defense, looks nice, other reasons I have not thought of but take granted for)

Some features that were requested that I think are overcomplicated, unnecessary, and/or rather miss the point of the game.

• Drugs (Overcomplicated and unnecessary)
  • Herbs and spices (again, why?)
  • Vehicles (If the maps were bigger, I might find this useful, otherwise, vehicles seem quite useless)

Galileus

Wow. Just wow. 90% of your ideas were either spam suggested or are planned or even were planned right back at kickstarter :P

Plasmatic

Quote from: failtolawl on January 30, 2014, 01:02:06 AM
Obviously I am sure some of these features have been requested, but here is my list of features  that

• Have not been confirmed
  • Have not been spammed suggested
  • Do not over-complicate the game

• Good events. Such as good harvest, solar influx, core heating up (to increase geothermal power)

More than likely to be implemented when the game gets more flesh on its atm. bare bones..

• Hunting, people like meat, so have them be happy when you take down a muffalo and eat it.

Seen this one before, but it has not been spammed, usually coupled with eating raider corpses.
Is planned somehow.

• More types of planets, such as jungle, snow, etc.

Planned

• Special gem type ores, purely for money making (perhaps increase raiding chances the more you have?)
Unessecary, money is easy enough to get as is, just keep selling those raider weapons and food if you have a surplus.
Game will have more ways to make and spend money later down the line.

• Armor, can be looted/purchased much like weapons
Already in the game, just not functional, rest assured armor will be equippable just like weapons.

• Incinerator/trash compactor: to dispose of the piling dead bodies, rocks, and other junk that clutter the screen and cause lag

Spammed half to death.

• instead of orbital drops, have traders that land, pass by, and direct interact with colonists (perhaps can be attacked by the colonists)

The game is set with you crashing on a desolate R i m w o r l d.. not a planet with other cities and a population..

• Infamy system (Considers kill count, amount of colonists, amount of money) determines who trades with you and who attacks you.

One interesting idea which I'm sure will be considered, if it has not already been. but relationships and such are planned to be in the game, this is not that far of a leap from that.

• Invasion scenarios. Rather than skilled/unskilled raider repetitive events, have well trained army invasions. (can be tied with infamy)

I dont see what this would add to the game honestly.. it would potentially be the same as adding more raiders per party.. which just arbitrarily makes the game more difficult, not more fun or entertaining.

• ADDED: Having another story, with stairs/elevator. (provides more compact space for defense, looks nice, other reasons I have not thought of but take granted for)
[/list]
Z plane will Not be accessible, this has been stated by Tynan himself. as it would complicate the game to the brink of idiocracy.

Some features that were requested that I think are overcomplicated, unnecessary, and/or rather miss the point of the game.

• Drugs (Overcomplicated and unnecessary)
  • Herbs and spices (again, why?)
  • Vehicles (If the maps were bigger, I might find this useful, otherwise, vehicles seem quite useless)

I agree with your unnecessary list.. but most of your own "unconfirmed" suggestions are very much confirmed, planned, or just too complicated.

failtolawl

It would be nice to have an updated wiki that contains actual confirmed features...

Quote from: Galileus on January 30, 2014, 04:34:56 AM
Wow. Just wow. 90% of your ideas were either spam suggested or are planned or even were planned right back at kickstarter :P

If all 670 of you posts are as along the lines and maturity of that I would love to know how you haven't been banned yet.

Galileus

Quote from: failtolawl on January 30, 2014, 04:02:52 PM
Quote from: Galileus on January 30, 2014, 04:34:56 AM

If all 670 of you posts are as along the lines and maturity of that I would love to know how you haven't been banned yet.

I've simply pointed out the irony behind your post. There were no insults involved, the only joke in this post was based around "wow, how did you managed that?" idea, the overall tone was rather friendly - with a obligatory "I mean no offence emot" at the end. That I hate, by the way, but am used to and tolerate as a way to transport emotional content through the emotionless void of internet. I would normally say I'm sorry if you feel offended - but not this time, as it takes a special kind of effort to get offended to that.

Not to say I would be more than happy to indulge you in a discussion about what maturity means and how it is absolutely impossible to judge one's maturity from such short remark as the one I made. But then we both would be banned, and no one would win. Not a scenario I throw myself into gladly, if it's even needed to point out.

Then again, if you're offended by the fact someone dares to point out your shortcomings or errors, do not expect your career over the internets to be too successful. Because unless you're able to point out what was immature or offensive about my post - I am offended by you being offended. Sup.

Shian

I'd also like to point out that there could be a great asset to building and maintaining vehicles. Not having that darkness debuff when they need to go outside at night would be a big plus.

Untrustedlife

Drugs,herbs, YES they will be added and they fit perfectly.
Meat, planned, in addition to using the skins for clothing (including raider skins and raider meat) (Delicious right?)

Z levels are most likely not going to be added (tynan has stated this) (he never said never though)

Infamy, this idea i can stand by.

Armies. Planned, at least different kinds of raids are planend, especially once more factions are added) In addition to randomized groups/factions
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

failtolawl

Quote from: Shian on January 30, 2014, 09:55:30 PM
I'd also like to point out that there could be a great asset to building and maintaining vehicles. Not having that darkness debuff when they need to go outside at night would be a big plus.

Perhaps if they had traits activated there could be sort of a "Fearless" trait that prevents the night time affect. But it promotes the player to use lights and the games features.

Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 30, 2014, 10:02:22 PM
Drugs,herbs, YES they will be added and they fit perfectly.
Meat, planned, in addition to using the skins for clothing (including raider skins and raider meat) (Delicious right?)

Besides "more content" (I am not quoting you on that, just saying a commonly used phrase), what would herbs and drugs add to the game to benefit the gameplay?

Also raider skins? Although that sounds delicious what is the point of that? Is it a fear tactic?