What was your best/worst prison?

Started by FyrnSkulblaka, March 29, 2016, 12:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FyrnSkulblaka

Was there a particular prison you made that was more than just the ordinary tiny room with a sleeping spot?
Is there a prison you're particularly proud or ashamed of? If so, why?

This isn't technically a prison but I once went on dev mode and and built and arena. I built a single colonist in the middle of the map. I say "Built" for a reason: He was kitted out with all the toys. I gave him legendary Power armor and helmet with a legendary charge rifle. He had two bionic arms and legs, bionic eyes, the lot. I built equal amounts of cover and open spaces and placed random amounts of all types of pawns (Not animals, but definitely mechanoids) and then pressed play. My colonist actually won. It was insane.

Limdood

I tend to eventually switch from tiny rooms to a large, 12 bed, table, nutrient dispenser, 4 medical bed prison complete with nice floor and statues....just...cuz.

Pickle

At the beginning I thought that a really good prison would help convincing people, so I used to build really large and beautiful private rooms, with chess tables and statues, I also made an hospital and everything. Well, after a moment I saw that it wasn't that necessary, and the prisoners have the fists bind so they couldn't play or anything, the things goes wrong quickly for them since then xD. Now I tend to pack everybody in a single room, I rarely keep people for a long time if I don't want them, so it's not a problem most of the time.

Devon_v

Maybe when the Convinced by Warden buff isn't completely insane.

Right now the best prison is a 2x1 room with a sleeping spot at a temperature that is not lethal to humans.

Bulb

My prison is in my trophy room filled with all the corpses of my fallen opponents. I usually have the prisoners completely neglected by my colonists. Also, the room is usually cold to preserve the corpses.

Shurp

My prisons are slightly larger cells -- 3x3 -- but only because I'm afraid my warden will break if hit with the way too crowded debuff.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Reddeath96

5x5 cell, royal bed in one corner, heated, and cooled. As soon as they're recruited that becomes their new room. Very efficient.

Listen1

Bastobasto

Best prison : 5x5,carpet,blood everywere,A lot of bed
2nd best prison : 10x10,5 bed,chess and all thing for being happy.Exception of a freezer that go to -50.I had a canibal,I dont wanted to put the body in the freezing room.

Worst prison : 1x1,a bed.

Bulb

A bed can't fit in a 1X1 room, Bastobasto, if that even is your name.

Reddeath96

Technically that would be the worst prison then :P

Listen1

If you make a 2x1 room, pop a sleeping spot, take the prisioner there, exclude the bed and make a wall, you got a 1x1 prision.

AllenWL

Best(and also what I usually do): Make another one of whatever room my colonists use at the living quarters. Change bed to prisoner bed. When prisoner is recruited, change bed to colonist bed.

Worst: a 4x3 with 5 6(woops, miscounted) sleeping spots, rough stone floor with stone rubble still there, blood everywhere, a rotting corpse, and a crazy tribal who does nothing but eat, sleep, and go berserk.

Bastobasto

Buld,I say it not well but I will write it more correctly : With only 1x1 of nothing with ( No light )
( Im bad at english because im not one )

cameron908

Built moderately sized room inside a mountain, contained a food paste dispenser (using only human meat) and was crammed full of as many "unwanted" or "hard to recruit" prisoners as possible, I encased the room to prevent entry or escape and allowed the prisoners to go insane and brawl each other until only 1 victor was alive (the rest died from malnutrition since they where constantly incapacitated from fighting before they could eat) and would proceed to install new bionic equipment and recruit the survivor