The Crashed Ship. Of Hope.

Started by TheSilencedScream, March 30, 2016, 12:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSilencedScream

I've been away from Rimworld for some months and still getting back into the swing of things. So, instead of Randy on extreme, I dropped it down to challenge. This isn't for measuring purposes - this is to preface: I wasn't prepared at all.

Raid.
Raid.
Power short circuit.
Heat wave.
Power short circuit.
Three of five colonists catch malaria while we're down to 3 medicine.
Poison ship crashes.

They're struggling, and I haven't even built defenses yet. And then the message pops: Raid! They're about to die, I know. I line up the firing squad, as I don't like save scrubbing, and await their deaths.

One hour passes. Two. Three. Where the hell is this raid?

I scroll across the map to see the last of the raiders bleeding out near the crashed poison ship, where four scythers now circle the ship. The scythers become an uneasy ally - and they protect my colonists from the next four waves (the sizes of which my colony certainly wasn't prepared for).

They have finally fallen, the scythers, but we have built a memorial in their honor. The fallen, brave machines are recognized and appreciated by our colony.

But I'll be honest:
When that next raid shows up, my colonists are ****ed.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Bulb

Tycho X

Hilarious. I have the opposite thing happening over here; the Scythers/Centipede from the poison ship are aggro'd on my colonists and allies, and I have nowhere near the firepower to take them down. My only ally, some outlander town, has already sent four waves at them- they've lost about 14 men in total. The problem is, they keep equipping them with Steel Shivs and Shoddy Pistols, which clearly isn't enough to lay even a scratch on those damned mechanoids.
Tycho