[L|0.1.334] ever idling colonist

Started by foxbow, January 30, 2014, 03:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxbow

Hello,

while building structures one of my colonists suddenly stopped doing anything and was marked as idling. However he was not blocked and he was allowed to do anything he could. Drafting him did not help either, he would not move anywhere but could drop and pick up his gun. Telling him to use the comms console immediately brought up the comms screen without him needing to walk to the console.

I have a save-file which actually stored the status, so upon loading he still stays immobile. However after loading the colonists are lacking bodies.

If it is any help, I will post those files.

Not sure how to reproduce, the last thing I did was to mark the area beneath him for cutting while he was about to finish a structure.

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

foxbow

Hello,

took me a moment to find the savefiles on Linux and a way to keep the archive below 300k...

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ItchyFlea

Apparently my system doesn't like Linux files. Could you open the files with the Linux equivalent of notepad and paste the contents to somewhere like pastebin?
The files are plain text XML, so there shouldn't be any problems.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

foxbow

The files are compressed with bzip2, that was the only way I could get beneath the size restrictions. And the raw xml (.rim) files are too large for a standard pastebin file as well. So either I split them and put them up here as parts to rejoin or upload the archives somewhere else.

Edit: I packed this one with 7zip, which is the format I saw in other uploads too, so it should be unpackable.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ItchyFlea

Alrighty. My computer definitely hates Linux files, so I literally cannot view this problem from within the game. Here's an interesting screenshot of why: http://i.imgur.com/dwE5t6n.png
Yes, that is a giant saguaro cactus. :o
I know why it's that's big, I just don't know why that happened.

Anyway.
What's the name of the colonist that isn't doing anything? I've had a quick look and can't immediately see anything wrong with anybody.

foxbow

Weird! But now that I tried it again, I'm getting the giant cactus too. Even the autosave that dates two minutes earlier won't load properly.

Guess we should close this issue and file it under "Broken Savefile"

Sorry and thanks for the effort though!