[Vanilla bug?] Cell reservation from different factions

Started by Rikiki, April 05, 2016, 03:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Hi all!

I am playing with AI in my last mod and I think I found a bug. :-\

1) Effect: when a storage building has some free space and several items can be hauled there by haulers from different factions, there is a conflict in the cell reservation leading to a raised error in Verse.AI.ReservationManager.Reserve function.
2) Expected result: the faction1 pawn shall continue hauling until the target cell is filled by the faction2 hauler.
3) How to reproduce:
* have pawns of different factions with hauled job enabled (here Anna and Tynan). => Tynan here is pure random! ;D
* place several items on the ground (here several pistols)
* place a storage building (here an equipement rack)
* wait for pawns to begin their haul job
* the debug window should plop open with red error messages (see below).

I know this cannot happen in vanilla for now as non-colonist pawns don't have their work settings enabled with
pawn.workSettings.EnableAndInitialize();
I am just trying to help! :)

NoImageAvailable

Moved it to the help section since the information pertains to the creation of new mods.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Rikiki

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 05, 2016, 03:56:49 PM
Moved it to the help section since the information pertains to the creation of new mods.
All right! I also changed the title to reflect it is a possible vanilla bug.
I originally wanted to put it in the "Bug report" section but I saw it was only for vanilla game without any mod.
I still hope Tynan or a dev will see this topic. :)

isistoy

Hello,

I can confirm I also had troubles with pawns of diff. factions trying to get access to colonists stockpiles or bodies, through the reservation system. First/last time I checked, it was back in A11.
Not sure I would call that a bug though... Maybe a design choice to have faction-exclusive reservations? idk.
In any case, it was a problem I did not investigate further and decided to make my pawns part of colonist faction for that very reason.
Now, idk if prisoners are of a different faction in the game, but I'd be interested to know more about A13 prison breaks: I would bet prisoners do reserve before stealing guns from your stocks...
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>