Legendary everything!

Started by Hollowendz, April 06, 2016, 09:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ectoplasm

If you're doing something which has an outcome you don't like, why keep doing it? For me this is very much a non-issue, besides, code rewrites to stop this from happening would likely just be worked around by those who wish anyway.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Negocromn on April 07, 2016, 07:09:52 AM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 07, 2016, 05:49:46 AM
Anyhow, it appears that you got your wish? RimWorld now has an iron man mode where you can only save on exit if I read the release notes correctly.

It doesn't change much tho, save scumming is pretty much the same in it. I guess people that used to alternate save play by play in combat cant do that anymore, cant think of other practical differences.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you can't save before you see the outcome of a craft, would that not fix it? Unless of course you quit/save and then open the game, do your cheaty thing and force-close the game if it goes wrong... Ugh, just don't do it!

mumblemumble

Yeah,  its really silly to suggest recoding over this,  save scumming is in most games generally,  fallout,  elder scrolls,  xcom,  ect,  all can be abused,  and I've never once seen someone legitimately complain about the fact that they "could"  save scum.

I really don't want to see ty waste time working on / optimizing rng coding to not be "abused",  when a very small population abuses it in the first place, and even fewer want these abuses "fixed".

Its just silly to bring up,  xcom had it granted,  but being turn based this was much,  much easier to manage,  and xcom also had a much bigger team.

And even then, it was an obscure side option.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Hollowendz

Yup, it seems I got my way. Not to mention, on the exact day I suggested it. (the hardcore mode part anyway)

Never will I play normal mode again.

And now, (the whole point of all this for me) I can sit back tell who the fake let's play'ers are a little bit better now.

No hardcore mode = save scumming and modding all the way.

Hardcore mode = a little more credibility than they had before.

Thanks to those who understand sarcasm and playing of the devils advocate.

b0rsuk

Quote from: Hollowendz on April 06, 2016, 09:33:29 AM
You see, I have the ability to save the game right before I complete building something that has a quality rating. By reloading over and over again, I am able to eventually craft every piece I build into "Legendary" quality. Seems great at first, but robs the game of it's immersion as I no longer need to accomplish things like to harvest wood, as everything is just peachy already ;)
And that's why Tynan Sylvester in his infinite wisdom has implemented the Permadeath option. In Permadeath, there's no Save/Load. There's Save&Quit and Continue.

To start a Permadeath colony, click on "Advanced" and check "Permadeath". Tynan has said it's how Rimworld was meant to be played - so it beats me why it's not on by default.

It solves the problem once and for all.

GarettZriwin

Quote from: b0rsuk on June 02, 2016, 02:21:22 PM
Quote from: Hollowendz on April 06, 2016, 09:33:29 AM
You see, I have the ability to save the game right before I complete building something that has a quality rating. By reloading over and over again, I am able to eventually craft every piece I build into "Legendary" quality. Seems great at first, but robs the game of it's immersion as I no longer need to accomplish things like to harvest wood, as everything is just peachy already ;)
And that's why Tynan Sylvester in his infinite wisdom has implemented the Permadeath option. In Permadeath, there's no Save/Load. There's Save&Quit and Continue.
And load.  8)

cultist

Pointless necro thread is pointless.