Anyone else have the Rimworld itch?

Started by Ouan, April 04, 2016, 02:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ouan

Hey Everyone,
   Since mid-month last  I have that that itch. You all know the one. You hear a rumor of a new Alpha being imminent in arrival, then it begins. You dust of your last colony and start to make a list of mods that you "need". Then you actually read some of the change notes for the new Alpha and realize that the mod makers are going to need a while to settle into the new changes before they will be able to roll them out. You sigh and vow to make you first colony in the new Alpha last longer than your last first colony. I usually try to make it last until at least the D or so re-release of the Alpha to give everyone time to get them up, but you get the idea. The period before is the worst. You look at the forums each day for news and hope at the same time that a wonderful Owl has come to visit your mailbox with a demented package filled with cannibalism and now incest (we hope)!
     Lord Tynan will gift us some time soon with the blessed (damned) 13th addition of RimWorld. Soon our lives will be filled with the gleeful sequels of animals slaughtered, colonist immolated, and pirates rendered for their juicy, juicy meat once again. I currently sit forlorn, awaiting the return of the madness of crash-landing, to arrive a new and permanent exile from the Glitterworlds of legend to the the desolate rock where a new band of survivors destiny will be forged (okay, their brutal and comical demise). Noone gets out alive, but in the journey to build a machine to get to space, we will sacrifice nothing to build ourselves a new and more complicated traps to defend this future machine, only to realize that now we do not have the resources to build a machine for everyone. That's right, the joys of resource management. Sometime after you get it all sorted, that wonderful evil mechanoid attack proves what a fool your plans were and gg.
      Alas I still dream of that moment, but soon fellow starfarers, soon. 'Til then join me by dusting off your favorite Alpha 12 colony and making your list for the future for which no list could ever prepare us.

Ouan
Damn Pirates!

"Anyone else have the Rimworld itch?"

I hear you can get a cream from your doctor for that.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.