New diseases

Started by MarcTheMerc, April 06, 2016, 07:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcTheMerc

I'm 50 mins into a my first alpha 13 playthrough and one of my colonist have two permenant diseases.
Mechanites and parasites.

Borreal forrest

My question is am i unlucky or is this a bug or is it my biome or some other thing.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

zandadoum

this is normal. and not all afflictions are bad.

anonymous456

Since they required regular treatment, is there a chance of them going away at some point? Or does it last a lifetime?

skullywag

it has a number of ticks it lasts for, it is long but it will go away, meds ease the pain they feel, but the disease actually buffs their abilities. The other things like gut worms need a number of treatments (think its 8 ) before it goes.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

MarcTheMerc

Thanks its just it stacked into x4 tiredness
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Kolljak

One of my guys got permantly shot in the head... is there no way to fix this?

zandadoum

Quote from: Kolljak on April 06, 2016, 09:39:22 PM
One of my guys got permantly shot in the head... is there no way to fix this?
yes, amputate the head and substitue it with a carved wood one.

Mihsan

Quote from: MarcTheMerc on April 06, 2016, 07:12:31 PM
I'm 50 mins into a my first alpha 13 playthrough and one of my colonist have two permenant diseases.
Parasites are not permanent. I had doctor, who got muscle parasites on day 2 or 3. He was threated every day and after half a year this condition went away.

IMO there is a % chance to remove such condition with each threatment.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

skullywag

Quote from: Mihsan on April 07, 2016, 05:49:58 AM
Quote from: MarcTheMerc on April 06, 2016, 07:12:31 PM
Parasites are not permanent. I had doctor, who got muscle parasites on day 2 or 3. He was threated every day and after half a year this condition went away.

IMO there is a % chance to remove such condition with each threatment.

No, read my post above.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?