Anyone else seeing some balancing issues?

Started by DotTarDotGz, March 22, 2014, 03:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DotTarDotGz

First, have to say it's an amazing game.  I didn't play it much until the first alpha was released, but it is quite addicting.  However, it seems like I've been hitting quite a few boundaries when it comes to balancing.

My colonists' are never really loyal to their colony.  By the time the 3rd raid comes around (~week 3 or so) everyone is so pissed that they leave or go on a rampage.  Even just an hour ago, the best colony I have ever built (everyone had lights, appealing surroundings, 5 or 6 research projects had been done, had about 7 colonists all pretty happy) randomly went on a downward spiral.  I just find it quite odd that you can give them loads of things to keep them sane and yet the smallest inconvenience seems to drive them mad.

I believe I heard that this is corrected in A3, which is good, but i want to know if many other people were having issues with this or if it's just me being bad at colony sims.

ShadowTani

Already being discussed here: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2610.0
Is a shame it had to be pointed out, since your post was rather well written. Sadly it's a topic that where already being discussed in a thread that was only a few posts away from the top - in other words a current on-going topic.

Either way, welcome to the forum. Don't let this discourage you. :3

And yes, I can say so much that you're right in that this "issue" is being addressed in A3 - to the frustration for us more hardcore gamers. ^^; I'm personally going to test A3 first though before I complain about the difficulty.

If you find it difficult in A2 to rule your colony with happiness try ruling them with fear instead.

Merry76

Try giving everyone a 6x7 (more or less that size) bedroom. This prevents them from getting a "had to sleep outside" and "shared bedroom" modificator. Also, while they are sleeping (which is a dang long time every day) they get the "spacious interior room" happiness boost while they are in there.

Also do not build tight corridors, build big ones. I currently have 5 wide corridors, that are laid out with carpets and more flower pots than your average flower shop has. My colonists dont even flinch at raider attacks anymore  ;D

DotTarDotGz

Quote from: ShadowTani on March 22, 2014, 04:08:36 AM
Already being discussed here: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2610.0
Is a shame it had to be pointed out, since your post was rather well written. Sadly it's a topic that where already being discussed in a thread that was only a few posts away from the top - in other words a current on-going topic.

Either way, welcome to the forum. Don't let this discourage you. :3

And yes, I can say so much that you're right in that this "issue" is being addressed in A3 - to the frustration for us more hardcore gamers. ^^; I'm personally going to test A3 first though before I complain about the difficulty.

If you find it difficult in A2 to rule your colony with happiness try ruling them with fear instead.
I did indeed find that topic after posting, apologies, was late and just wanted to get some feedback if it was just me sucking or if it was also the game :P

Thunder Rahja