[A16] HaulPriority (1.0.5) Fix (16.01.2017)

Started by Renzo471, April 07, 2016, 02:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renzo471

HaulPriority

Description:

-This mod adds two designators that allow players to have acute control over the order in which things are hauled.

How Does It Work?

-The increase haul priority designator will unforbid and set the selected items to be hauled before any other undesignated items regardless of distance (say you really want those 15 or so meals positioned at the edges of the map where the grizzly bears like to snooze, if you mark these meals and nothing else, all haulers will go for them before any other items)

-The Override haul priority designator works in a similar manner except it has an even higher priority and can remove and replace the previous designation.

-Both designators work with Chunks, they are also tagged to be hauled for convenience.

-Use the vanilla cancel designator to cancel them. 

-TLDR Want something hauled first? use increase priority designator. Want something hauled NOW? use override priority designator.

-16/01/17 Fixed an error that rendered one of the designations useless... derp.

About this mod

-No CCL needed
-There is an overlap in functionality between this mod and AllowTool, with both mods installed there will be two unforbid designations (AllowTool version is more useful)
-Works with other Designator mods without xml patches (vein miner allow tool etc.)
-I still need to change the designator icons to colors that don't clash with the vanilla icons I'm looking for suggestions or help here I am really bad/lazy at artwork

Author/Credits
-Updated by Renzo471.
-Thanks to UnlimitedHugs for code that made things much easier :)
-Thanks to Haplo for code and pointing me in the right direction with map components 
-Original mod by: Gaesatae
-The original licence still applies Creative Commons License Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Download
A16
- (Dropbox)-HaulPriorityLite
A14

A13
- (Dropbox)-HaulPriorityNoUnforbid

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Dr. Z

*insert thank you gif here*

I really missed the haul priority designator in the past alphas, it's a must have in my opinion. Huge thanks for uploading this and I hope for the next version soon.  :)
Prasie the Squirrel!

Renzo471

Hey Dr. Z thanks, glad you are enjoying it, yeah the change so chunks are compatible is ready but I don't like how it works right now I like being able to not have to zoom in after a raid and hoover things up is my favorite part but the change makes it a pain to have to be careful not to grab stone at the same time plus it might annoy mountain dwellers that don't need stone ever ha. Got an idea gonna sleep on it.

That actual update tho... yeah I think I'm gonna enjoy the alpha for a week or so and the updates to the other games I play and maybe carry on with it after that so it shouldn't be too long but no promises just yet ha.

Grogfeld

I've tried this mod yesterday, and I must say it is great. Two priority options works fantastic. Maybe in vanilla game it isn't so much needed because there is not much to haul, but in modpack games it will be quite handy. Must have mod :)

Dr. Z

Can't you make it so that you can only raise the priority of stone chunks which are actually marked to be hauled and when you try to use it on a chunk you didn't marked it does nothing?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Renzo471

Quote from: Dr. Z on April 08, 2016, 03:42:51 AM
Can't you make it so that you can only raise the priority of stone chunks which are actually marked to be hauled and when you try to use it on a chunk you didn't marked it does nothing?
Hmm I had tried it that way before but gave up on it and forgot about that completely so thanks for the reminder ha, it sounds like the best route to go I'll have a look at adding it back in somehow, its my birthday today so there is much drinking to be done but this evening or tomorrow I will try to botch it in ha
Quote from: Grogfeld on April 08, 2016, 03:15:55 AM
I've tried this mod yesterday, and I must say it is great. Two priority options works fantastic. Maybe in vanilla game it isn't so much needed because there is not much to haul, but in modpack games it will be quite handy. Must have mod :)
I agree about vanilla it is kinda overkill right now, the modpacks and content heavy mods definitely make it more worthwhile, nice to see people are enjoying it.
Do you think the control now is enough considering the impact modpacks have on item count or would the other version be of any interest to you?

Grogfeld

Oh, wait yesterday was your birthday? Oh man, best wishes to you!... and no hangover today :P

Back to mod topic. I think that the other version sounds really interesting even in vanilla. More control is always good. With modpacks, controlling prioritization of specific item groups would solve many issues like micromanaging.

I have two suggestions. Could you make that designators buttons would  also show when you click on item?

You said that the other version could be control via Xml, it's great idea but as an improvement I would suggest an in game tab where you could set prioritization. Fluffy made excellent mod, enhanced tabs, where there is option to adjust work priority. You could make your own for stuff categories. Fluffy is a Master in Prioritization you should both talk ;)

aalikane

Is it my imagination... or does both links for downloads lead you to HaulPriorityLite?

Renzo471

Quote from: aalikane on April 09, 2016, 08:03:08 AM
Is it my imagination... or does both links for downloads lead you to HaulPriorityLite?
Yeah I must of messed up somewhere ill sort it out this evening think I renamed the wrong folder derp.
Quote from: Grogfeld on April 09, 2016, 05:17:50 AM
Oh, wait yesterday was your birthday? Oh man, best wishes to you!... and no hangover today :P

Back to mod topic. I think that the other version sounds really interesting even in vanilla. More control is always good. With modpacks, controlling prioritization of specific item groups would solve many issues like micromanaging.
I have two suggestions. Could you make that designators buttons would  also show when you click on item?
You said that the other version could be control via Xml, it's great idea but as an improvement I would suggest an in game tab where you could set prioritization. Fluffy made excellent mod, enhanced tabs, where there is option to adjust work priority. You could make your own for stuff categories. Fluffy is a Master in Prioritization you should both talk ;)
Thank you and yeah wish there was no hangover ha, that's a great idea I never even thought about it I will look into both when I get home

Anvil_Pants

Quote from: Renzo471 on April 09, 2016, 10:04:19 AM
Quote from: Grogfeld on April 09, 2016, 05:17:50 AM
that's a great idea I never even thought about it I will look into both when I get home

Essentially what was proposed is this screenshot from here:

Aside from using a like-kind UI, I think that the gist of it would be to inject your haul priorities at the subset of actions that Fluffy defined as "Haul -> Haul" in that. Maybe it's working that way already.

To get your UI in with the existing one there, you'd need a third scrollable list box; "Haul -> Haul -> Haul what".

Renzo471

Thank you Anvil I will have a look see when I have some time this evening, from just the screen it would definitely be cleaner and more intuitive than what I was going for. Cheers for all the input guys some very useful stuff, I will try my best to get all the things suggested rolling soon I must admit that the alpha is drawing me in tho so I don't want to give any timeline haha

Amuraxis

Ah, i love mods like this, as a control freak this is right up my ally.
I am downloading it now, and i will chuck in some comments on it's functionality once i have played around with it.

Cheers for putting this out there, and congratulations on releasing your first mod.

hwoo

i can only prioritize anything bar stone chunks. which ironically is the main reason i got this mod. help xD

i tried it with only this mod and core enabled so there's no mod compat issues.

MisterVertigo

I'm glad to see this mod is being worked on! I look forward to the chunk-hauling update!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Renzo471

chunks version will be up on saterday morning (uk time) all working fine Im just not at my pc to upload it until then sorry about that