19 days without food.

Started by MeowRailroad, April 07, 2016, 05:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeowRailroad

I wonder if my colonists can survive 19 or more days without food. That's until the start of the growing season, and more days will be needed till we are in the clear. I don't think it's possible, but please correct me if I'm wrong. We really need a drop pod to come right now.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

christhekiller

You can hunt? Slaughter the pet that dropped in with you, cannibalize the raiders who attack you

Lady Wolf

There's usually a wanderer joins event sometime in the first few days too, depending on how useless the wanderer is (lazy nobles who can't do much of anything are ideal) using them for food can make the difference between life and death.

BetaSpectre

Some ships have food, but its part of the game got to plan for winter as well.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Tynan

You can forage. Berry bushes and agave give a lot more food than they used to.

If your biome has them of course.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Robovski

If is a very important word.

You can trade with passing visitors, they usually have at least a meal or two.

Pickle

You can also build a growing area inside with a sun lamp and some rice (it grows faster). If you really need food, harvest it before its completely grown up with the harvest tool and use a nutrient paste machine to save it the more you can.

Endoric

Quote from: Robovski on April 08, 2016, 12:18:34 AM
If is a very important word.

You can trade with passing visitors, they usually have at least a meal or two.

How do you trade with visitors?  Or do you mean the caravans?

Mkok

Quote from: Endoric on April 08, 2016, 09:14:53 AM
How do you trade with visitors?  Or do you mean the caravans?

A bullet to head usually works  ;)  I noticed that visitors/raiders now have some more food on them when they arrive, could help you out.

makapse

people bring 3 meals per person and one can trade with any visitors who have a yellow ? on their head. If you really want to scum around, interupt the leader by trading just after he takes out his meal to eat before he can finish it, u get a free meal as a gift