I just had my first prison break...

Started by Limdood, April 07, 2016, 06:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limdood

So i just had my first prison break.

3 unarmed prisoners exited their prison and incapacitated or killed all 7 of my colonists...who had 2 snipers, 2 assault rifles, 1 survival rifle, and 2 plasteel gladius shielded fighters...

they chased a sniper into a tiny room, beat her to death, and took her gun, then came out, where i had all 6 of my other colonists waiting and aiming.  They proceeded to miss miserably while the 2 unarmed prisoners beat down my melee gladius fighters, grabbed the swords, and tore up my shooters.

Thus endeth my first A13 colony...

christhekiller

I would love to see the stats on those prisoners

Shurp

This is why you need turrets.

Just one will do.  Put your colonists behind it.  Attackers charge the turret while you snipe them to death from a safe distance.  If they destroy the turret, retreat your colonists to the next turret.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Lady Wolf

Or put your pets on restricted area right in the escapees paths, they'll spend time beating on the pets which will allow your colonists to shoot/stab them to death.

BetaSpectre

Construct better prisons haha.
Turrets on the outside of the rooms at the end of short halls, individual rooms for prisoners.
I usually like dissecting prisoners :D! rip off a leg from each prisoner and they'll never be able to escape, slap that leg back on after they join. Or don't :D.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Lady Wolf

Quote from: BetaSpectre on April 07, 2016, 09:41:14 PM

I usually like dissecting prisoners :D! rip off a leg from each prisoner and they'll never be able to escape, slap that leg back on after they join. Or don't :D.

Downside to that is the neg mod debuff to the colonist that does the operation can sometimes drive them over the edge.

An easy way around that is to "upgrade" both legs with peg legs It will slow down their movement enough that any attempt to escape will slow enough you can easily keep it contained.

Keychan

3 unarmed men destroyed your well equipped colony during a prison break?  Were you imprisoning veteran warriors? Because the way you described it, it sounds like some kind of action movie scene and your colony were the bad guys.

Tynan

Quote from: Keychan on April 07, 2016, 09:46:06 PM
3 unarmed men destroyed your well equipped colony during a prison break?  Were you imprisoning veteran warriors? Because the way you described it, it sounds like some kind of action movie scene and your colony were the bad guys.

Lol just what I was thinking. This sounds epic.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Nasikabatrachus

Your first mistake was thinking you could keep Frank Castle alive

Lady Wolf

Sounds more like Riddick, he tends to be a master of prison breaks ;)

Limdood

seriously, my colonists had the most apalling accuracy ever.  On closer inspection, all of my colonists had the profession "stormtrooper" so...

the colony was fresh, i'd been using a long hallway with 6 deadfalls to kill a raider on the way in, with 5 shooters in cover and 2 melee sneaking up behind to deal with raids.  I didn't even like turrets in A12, now they use the precious components that i chose to instead spend on building a sniper and 2 assault rifles and regulating temp.

My prisoners were also relatively happy...all at about half mood, well above even soft mental breaks.  they were decent pawns, but none of them were bionic armed 15 melee/shooting super soldiers.

my first mistake was running the sniper that was in the prison when the break happened out the door and into another room...i forgot that prisoners aren't stopped by ANY doors, and they chased my injured colonist into that bedroom and beat her down.  I was still marshalling my other 6 pawns when the prisoners came out into the courtyard...i didn't put much space between us as i was trying to set up, and my melee were out of position because i expected them to run for the open colony exit...instead they charged at 2 to 1 odds...and just beat me down.

It was fun....unexpected, but fun...next time i'll ditch the early 95+ difficulty prisoners, but i wanted to see some new features, so i kept em this time...just a heads up, if a sizable prison break happens, remember that the prisoners do things that normal raiders don't...open doors, pickup weapons, and chase unexpected targets.

pktongrimworld

And this is why you harvest an leg from your prisoners....

and only give it back to them once they join you :D

Limdood

Quote from: pktongrimworld on April 08, 2016, 12:02:53 AM
And this is why you harvest an leg from your prisoners....

and only give it back to them once they join you :D

i was pretty sure "leg" wasn't a medical object like lung, kidney, heart, or liver...i specifically avoid missing limb colonists because i don't want peg-leggers walking around.