Double hit animal bond penalties.

Started by Limdood, April 07, 2016, 10:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limdood

I'm not sure if you want to consider it a bug or not.  I figured i'd report it and you can say "oh we should fix that" or "thats unfortunate, but lets keep it" or "working as intended"

I had a cat pet in a boreal forest.  Winter got cold...-25F, 30F colder than the cat could take.  I decided i'd sell the cat to traders that showed up to avoid the death penalty.  I got hit with a -10 "sold my bonded animal" penalty...didn't see that coming but oh well, it makes sense.

Then, because the cat wasn't mine, and spent time milling around outside as part of this trading faction, the cat died to hypothermia (no warning...cuz it wasn't my cat anymore).  Now i have a stacked -15 mood penalty for 20 days on top of the -10 penalty for selling. 

Persinally, i think selling should remove the bond, or if not, the bonded death should replace and override the sold mood penalty (upgrading from -10 for 10d to -15 for 20d INSTEAD).

Additionally, as an aside that could make these extreme cold or hot starts better, would it be possible to make a starting pet take a day or so to form a bond, so we can have the option of starting without a pet (rather than kill ourselves starting with a pet mouth to feed or have a -15 mood for the first 15 days in a tough biome because i butchered the animal in the first 15m)

Kolljak

I had a bug envolveing messed up family tree but i lost the save so i couldnt report or screenshots. Apparently 2 pawns where married and the wife had a sister that was the husbands mom.... yeah.. getting 14th century in here.

Limdood

how does this at all relate to animal bonds?

Tynan

Selling can't remove the bond, or you could just, say, de-bond an animal by selling it and then buying it back.

It all sounds like it makes sense. I mean, if you saw your loved pet sold against your wishes, you'd be sad. If it then also died, you'd be sadder.

I think it's ok.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog