Let me tell you about Viktor

Started by spine_iv, April 25, 2016, 05:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spine_iv

Viktor was recruited into the Colony after a failed raid
He 53, pessimistic, psychically sensitive, Ugly, and tbh he's kinda fat.

He cant do jack! Cant cook, cant farm, wont haul, fight fires, nor do anything creative like build, repair, taylor or craft anything.

When he first arrived I sent him into all the dangerous places, and gave him only a shiv to protect himself.
tbh i hoped he would somehow die as he was just taking up a valuable bed-space and i begrudged the amount of food he ate.

In the hundred or so days hes stuck it out, hes had the flu, malaria (2wice I think), lost a leg to a cougar, and had his arm blown off defending our home. He has aburn scar to his right eye and no longer has a nose. (shot off)

He is though, very sociable, and meets all the passing traders, when he's not busy he will sit for hours researching all manner of new technologies. Despite his charm he has been rejected dozens of times at every turn by Queenie, a rather beautiful and very capable lady who's been here from the very beginning.

He is now an absolute boss strutting around with his trusty mini-gun, protecting all and fearing none.

Viktor, I love ya man, your the heart and soul of this place, and if you die or leave, I'm out too

Does anybody else have a Viktor out there?

Vaporisor

I cannot remember the name, but I had somebody like that many moons ago.  Guy was a Brawler and was incapable of doing most things.  I think could dumb labour and that was limited too.  I want to point out that this was a play-through where my initial create characters people where who I was going to start with.  Was also a neurotic psychopath or something like that.  Was a psychopath, but damned fast.

So I then randomized my starting location and crash down on tundra.  So cold, limited resources and one guy that cannot do anything.  Of course when breaks, it takes multiple people to take him down.  As result, I only equip him with a weapon when there is a combat threat.  Used him to suicidal rush snipers etc and flank.

Well, guy got knocked down often, but never died.  Pegleg, half blind and scarred up from being beaten up by colonists so many time and healed without meds.  ???? infections survived.  But dang it, guy never died.  Finally colony is going and stable.  Have an artist making sculptures and start collecting bionics.

So one day, he gets a call.  Bionic legs and eyes.  Painstopper and joywire.  Power claws just for the fun and of course power armor.  Guy's job?  Sit around all day, then kill instantly anything that threatens the colony.  If we got raided, I had a little forward room path and would jump out into their gunners taking cover and start just shredding em up.  Near end of that world, half the kills in a raid were probably him alone.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Dspendragon

yep,
His name is Brian "War" War, Oaf, ugly, slowpoke.

Incapable of, The list is to damn long, He can only shoot,talk, and Beat the living hell out of things .

But to counter his faults, he has a 18 in ranged and a 13 in melee, a 12 in social. And hes my heavy-weapons colonist.
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

spine_iv

I'm so Stoked for him
Love the description in the art, this game rocks!

spine_iv

Dude, you made it!

Thank you for your service