Started by ajtru, January 30, 2014, 12:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajtru

jsteele726

Tynan has posted in the Rimworld day to day changelog that he found a way to increase the performance in the game. I'm sure that we'll have a test build coming soon that will hopefully be suitable for release in the near future.

Semmy

Tynan already made big performance changes.
I don't know if a new update with further performance increases will come soon. He is working on some new and additional content atm.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

dd0029

Quote from: ajtru on January 30, 2014, 12:16:51 AM
The current alpha performs rather sluggishly and it significantly reduces the late game fun after getting 30+ colonists, struggling down to 5~10 fps on the fastest speed.

Question - What's a typical game length that you are getting 30+ colonists? I seem to grow to ~10 and then the wanderers stop and slave ships become extremely rare. This is usually in the 60-120 day time frame.

Never mind, I was just reading the other thread about the storytellers and saw the mention of the population caps. I had missed that.

Tynan

Version I'm working on is unstable for now. Changing code always breaks it; it takes some time and testing to stabilize (during which I can't add features). So I have to do a regular break->fix->release cycle, you can't just dump it on the world at random intervals.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog