List the hard to spot changes here

Started by Limdood, April 07, 2016, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Limdood on April 07, 2016, 10:09:27 PM

at this point i'm really looking forward to prepare carefully so i can start without a pet..

There will probably be a mod out in the near future that nerf-bats the bonded animal death penalty from -15 to -3 or -5ish.

If someone else doesn't make it by the time I get around to playing A13 (which will be after other mods get updated) I'll make the mod myself, as someone who enjoys using animals in combat; (especially cyber augmented ones using the animal surgery mod) taking a huge penalty everytime a warg or boar gets killed would just make animal warfare more of a drawback than a viable tactic.

Mr.Cross

That really shouldn't be necessary from my plays, the bond (other than the starting animal) takes a decent amount of time to form, so for live stock it shouldn't matter to much, trained fighting dogs might be a bit different.
Claims to know most things.

Dougalishere

could you could un-master ( lol ) the combat pets during downtime so a bond takes much longer to form and only set master when combat is about to happen? i know thats a lot of micro depending on amount of animals in your war tribe but might save on the negative effects when animals die in combat

mumblemumble

Heres a question, are bonds a static "x amount of time gathered dealing with x animal", or Is there any possibility for the bonding progress to dissipate? if someone works very rarely with an animal along 5 years, will they establish a bond, or will the small interactions spaced apart mean the bond never forms?

I ask because, it might be nice to have a way to breed / train animals without bonds forming somehow, for the purpose of combat animals...
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.