[spoilers] Insect Bug Hive

Started by Baa, April 07, 2016, 03:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baa

Assholes just had to spawn inside my living area >.>

Listen1

Dude, turn these heaters up and burn this bugs alive.

Hope they appear on my freezer

mumblemumble

Bugs are rather heat tolerant unfortunately. I'd get a good melee person to deconstruct the door / run,  while all other capable fighters shoot down the hall.

Any molotovs or incendiary devices would be a big help, and maybe build a turret right in the hall.

Bugs are incredibly scary,  but if you throw the gauntlet at them,  they can be delt with.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

mrofa

Take colonists kill the bugs, put 2-3 turrets in there and a orbital trade thingy , and your set for life with jelly thing, additional skinn and meat from the bugs. They are very easy to handle and are kinda op, as resource farm, i assume its to offeset the relationship system.
All i do is clutter all around.

Baa

Updates

1 Good thing I've got molotovs

2 Pretty damn successful so far

3 So that's why Soniai kept spontaneously combusting

4 Soniai don't care, Soniai got fires to deal with

4 Oh shit

5 Meretrix saves the day!

6 Samantha decides to take a nap on the floor while the walls are melting

7 They finally beat the hive to death

10/10 would burn again

Kraehe

christhekiller

I usually have a melee guy go in to lure them out (you can have a door set to be held open) then have them lure the bugs into a gauntlet of gun fire that they simply crumble under.

Mathenaut

I've been placing turrets every so often in my mountain, and have built the bulk of my base outside. Haven't hit bugs yet, but will let you know how it works.

Listen1