Stomach Transplant?

Started by Travinsky, April 17, 2016, 03:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travinsky

Two of my colonists are afflicted with gut worms, that would normally be fine but one of them also has sensory mechanites and is also neurotic so trying to keep her happy and not completely flipping her shit and sparking a chain reaction of depression is really trying. I've seen that you can amputate her stomach but this has permanent effects which I sorta want to avoid.

I've also heard that you can transplant a new stomach but I've never seen it for sale from any traders and removing it doesn't seem to be in the operation bar. So, is this true?

JonoRig

I've only ever seen stomach ops in a mod

Travinsky

Alright, thanks for letting me know. Two more just got Gut worms so this is gonna be a right pain in the arse.

Robovski

Gut worm infected puke a lot, feel bad and eat more but otherwise it isn't too bad - I turn the meds down to herbal for an infected colonist so they don't burn through the good stuff. I also tend to make the puker clean up their own puke - it doesn't mean anything but it amuses me.

Silvador

Quote from: Robovski on April 17, 2016, 07:10:39 PM
Gut worm infected puke a lot, feel bad and eat more but otherwise it isn't too bad - I turn the meds down to herbal for an infected colonist so they don't burn through the good stuff. I also tend to make the puker clean up their own puke - it doesn't mean anything but it amuses me.

I can't say I've noticed my pawn with gut worm vomit a lot. I wish his gut worm would bugger off, though. I'm burning through meals like no man's business and he's just one person! :c

cultist

Gut worms and mechanite diseases go away eventually, but it can take a long time. Expect them to last at least a season, maybe more.