[A13] Colonists leaving assigned zones when set to attack mode

Started by Panzer, April 08, 2016, 07:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer

I dont think this is intended, in my case it was a melee fighter that left his assigned indoor zone to fight by himself during a manhunter event.

Cant quite explain it, but seems like they need line of sight or something else to trigger that behavior.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

ison

Panzer

Well, if this is intended, can someone pls move this to general discussion or suggestions? I think Im not the only one who doesnt like it when colonists leave their assigned zones.

ison

Consider this scenario (grower's allowed area is set to his growing zones):

I think it would be weird if he completely ignored these enemies despite using "Attack" mode.

Moving to general discussion.

Panzer

Yeah you have a point there, that would be wierd.
I usually play open colonies, and have some kind of center complex where I stay during manhunter events, and then play peekaboo with the hunters in the streets. When my shooters stand between the doors, and the brawlers are set to attack, they do exactly what happened in that screenshot above, leave the complex zone and get chewed up. If I set them to ignore, they might get hunted by predators while hauling stuff around the map.

I got caught off guard that time, now I know better and can manage, but it is still detrimental to said playstyle. I liked that zones were absolute.

What do you think about brawlers leaving their zone only after they recieved damage when they re set to attack mode?

ison

Quote from: Panzer on April 13, 2016, 02:27:35 PM
Yeah you have a point there, that would be wierd.
I usually play open colonies, and have some kind of center complex where I stay during manhunter events, and then play peekaboo with the hunters in the streets. When my shooters stand between the doors, and the brawlers are set to attack, they do exactly what happened in that screenshot above, leave the complex zone and get chewed up. If I set them to ignore, they might get hunted by predators while hauling stuff around the map.

I got caught off guard that time, now I know better and can manage, but it is still detrimental to said playstyle. I liked that zones were absolute.

I understand, it's hard to decide whether they should be able to leave their allowed areas or not.

Quote from: Panzer on April 13, 2016, 02:27:35 PM
What do you think about brawlers leaving their zone only after they recieved damage when they re set to attack mode?

hmm, maybe it's a good idea. I'll think about it.