Unable to expand "RimWorldAlpha13Mac.zip" into "Downloads"

Started by nwhite224, April 08, 2016, 12:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwhite224

Whenever I try to extract the game files from the downloaded .zip file, I get the above message.  I'm on a mac.  Anyone know a fix?
Thanks,
Noah

redlion

Similar issue here. I can download the package, extract and review the contents, but when I double click to open the top level package I get an error "The application Rimworld1135Mac can't be opened.' Leave it to Apple to use contractions to make a computer sound more human.

I vaguely remember having to run through a gauntlet the last time to get the package to run correctly, but that was... last summer sometime?

dannyfrank93

Just had this issue and figured it out. I was using winzip as my unzipper, which was denying me permissions to open the file with the error "The application (x) can't be opened." Using "Open With" and then "Archive Utility" allowed me to open the application without error.

nwhite224

I tried opening it with both Archive Utility and a third-party application called the Unarchiver, which has worked before.  It still gives me the same message, but with (error 2- no such file or directory).  This issue has only come up with alpha 13.  Really wish I could play the new update :(

milon

I'm not Mac guy, so I can't provide a lot of help. But maybe it's a bad download? Try re-downloading and see if you can extract it.

stefanstr

Quote from: redlion on April 09, 2016, 06:09:12 AM
Similar issue here. I can download the package, extract and review the contents, but when I double click to open the top level package I get an error "The application Rimworld1135Mac can't be opened.' Leave it to Apple to use contractions to make a computer sound more human.

I vaguely remember having to run through a gauntlet the last time to get the package to run correctly, but that was... last summer sometime?
As to your issue, you need to right-click on the app and choose "open" - then you will get a dialog to allow it and will be able to open it via double-clicking after that.

nwhite224

Thanks for all the help guys, but I found a fix.  Turns out I was on an old version of OSX, and it was incompatible with my file extractor.