Post your colony for the trailer shoot!

Started by Tynan, April 08, 2016, 01:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Hey all, I'm shooting some trailer footage now. I could use some nice unmodded Alpha 13 colonies to shoot in!

If you like your colony and you're okay to have it shown in a future trailer, please post it in this thread! You just need to zip the RWS file in the save folder and post it here.

Unfortunately I do have to clarify some boring legal stuff. In posting your colony here, you give Ludeon permission to use your colony any way Ludeon likes, forever. You can't demand compensation later or something because the company profited by the use of your colony. Be sure you're okay with that before you post anything! Also, in your post please put a sentence stating you give Ludeon permission to use your colony commercially. Thanks.

Now, with the legal stuff out of the way, I'm looking for all sorts of colonies:
1. Big thriving colonies are good.
2. Small, just-starting colonies are good.
3. Really weird, artistic colonies are okay, but it's not a competition for biggest and weirdest. I'm trying to show natural gameplay situations or mega-bases. Even tiny colonies have their place.

To all who post a colony, thank you!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

mumblemumble

May i ask an approximate deadline? I would really like to make a Frontier town looking town (think good Springs in fallout new vegas) but it will take time I'm sure,  especially since alpha 13  JUST  came out.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Tynan

Within a couple days, ideally.

Really, I'm just looking for natural colonies. I really don't want people worrying about it 'looking perfect' or something. If it looks like the game, it looks great to me!

Bungled

Something i've been working on today (finally had some time to play since the new update). Nothing special, just a starter base with low tier tech in a mountain bunker. Gave you a save with a battle currently about to take place. I hope a .rar file is okay.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Justas love

Quote from: Tynan on April 08, 2016, 03:01:32 PM
Within a couple days, ideally.

Really, I'm just looking for natural colonies. I really don't want people worrying about it 'looking perfect' or something. If it looks like the game, it looks great to me!
Tynan you will get a colony at the end of the weekend, but can i use a mod? (Rimfire). Depends on the outside world :)

Tynan

Noobshock

this is nothing special but feel free

Panzer

You can have mine, a jungle beach colony, something you might not see everyday ;D I give Ludeon permission to use my colony commercially.

20 hrs in, too big for attachments, link to my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dj7z5tc7hb0wq80/FunkyBeach.rar?dl=0

Robovski

Can I still use my colony in my LP series? If I can, then I have the Extreme Desert one I'm working on I'd be willing to share. I also have this one from my private playtime yesterday and that I have no trouble sharing so that's attached.

Edit: I hereby give Ludeon Studios the right to use this save game commercially without recompense.

Rossreb

Spent a few hours on this colony but it's still pretty small :)

cameron908

I give Ludeon permission to use my colony commercially.

BugPowderDust

Here's mine, nothing special :) Alpha 13, unmodded

I give Ludeon permission to use my colony commercially.

Justas love

Here you go man. I will give you a download link cause it's wayyy too big.
https://mega.nz/#!60swwYQB!Qr25zQ2e3FWpuoaOIr9DpDnI_12uJu0R7OEfRiUB1WE

I hope u will use it, full permission has been given :)

AllenWL

Just a question, but if I give my colony, can I still use it myself(as in like, showcase it in a forum or something?)

Well, anyways, I give Ludeon permission to use my colony commercially.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktb86mr8mwwm0lw/Athens.rar?dl=0

Edit: Nearly forgot, I used a mod with this save for a bit, but decided I didn't need it and removed it before I really did anything with it. It shouldn't have any problems. I think. I play it without mods and no problems so far anyways.

Limdood

i have a decent colony in A13.  ummm, where do i find the save file?