Lovin' the new pacing ;)

Started by Panzer, April 08, 2016, 08:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer

Have to say I really like the new pacing, in alpha 12 it felt like you could get crazy rich in no time, get all the bionics, and still have enough cash to waste it into building a stupid statue of colonist x twisting someones ear or something like that. Now I have to really think carefully about what I want to do with my resources.

Few things I noticed:

-Overall pacing much slower, raids dont scale as quickly, might be due to wealth not scaling as quickly because a lot of stuff is locked behind research

-Im really hurting for metal. No, I dont build turret farms. Most of it goes to crafting ballistic vests or firearms, an addition I really like btw.

-Traders. are. rare.
20 hrs into my colony and I had exotic traders visit twice... bulk traders maybe 4-5 times? And the odd small-time trader now and then. Not saying this is bad, a lot of stuff now is really rare, medicine, plasteel, artifacts, bionics, I like the game of having limited resources and making the most out of it.

-Lots of research locked behind the multi analyzer. I need gold. Finally a reason to open ancient structures and duke it out with mechs to get the gold from the guys in the cryptopods.

-Predators chewing up corpses. And the pet your too smart neurotic colonist just bonded with. Love it.

-If theres overhead mountain theres also insects. And some of those shouldnt get in close combat range. Playing flat from now on.

-Social fights, nice to watch an insult turn into a fight to the death. If they happen to stop before one of them dies, theres at least going to be one scarred eye. And a new batman joker relationship.

-Definitely liking the new trade caravans, some arrived with cats and all, was imagining pack cats with tiny bags left and right, absolutely awesome ;D

-Family members left and right. Had that one raider attack me, he survived and I had him join my cause. He liked it so much, he invited his wanderer brother over, and later on his wife, although she happened to be chased by tribespeople, but somehow she ended up in my colony. What a small world.

-Colonists are fucking shameless. Had a marriage, and the day after the bride was already being wooed by all kinds of colonists. During breakfast. With her husband. What a bunch of dogs.

Those were the most memorable things I could recall now, overall it seems the pace was slowed down for proper relationships to happen, definitely liking the changes. Anyone else? ;D

Tynan

Hey thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear you're liking it.

We did change the storytellers a bit but it wasn't so much intentional as you might think. Pacing is really hard to test because it takes so long.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ChJees

Sounds awesome. A lot more peace time and variation instead of just mechanically going through a: Peace - Raid - Peace - Raid pattern all the time.
Wonder though if we ever will get the ability to pay tribute to pirates in exchange of them not murdering us. (Though some in the gang may not listen)

Have yet to play the latest Alpha though. 7 Days to Die distracted me heavily with its own new Alpha 14 :P.

mumblemumble

Please tell me hitting on taken people can  piss off the original lover? I personally would get irrate people hitting on my girlfriend.  Not saying this is everyone,  but should be a healthy chance.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.