[A17] Soylent Green by JuliaEllie [6/28/17]

Started by dismar, April 08, 2016, 11:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Alpha 13 releases of JuliaEllie's Soylent Green from the Apothecarius.

Alpha 17 :

PhileasFogg's release of Soylent Production:
A more advance version of the mod.

- There aren't Soylent Cola and Soylent Medicine anymore. You can produce "Soylent Blue" (Animal Meat), "Soylent Purple" (Insect Meat), "Soylent Red" (Fruits & Vegetables) and "Soylent Yellow" (Animal Products) instead.
- You need to butcher the corpses (humans, insects and other animals) before you can "transfer" the meat into the corresponding "Soylent Type". So you will have some mood debuff.
- You can only process five pieces of ressource per action. So production time has been gone up quite a lot.
- Additionally "Soylent Products" aren't that OP anymore: one junk of meat / fruit / vegetable will be one piece of Soylent; Nutrition was reduced from 0.15 to 0.05.
- "Soylent Products" will rot eventually. But before they will last very long - even longer than pemmican (50% longer). And if you refrigate them, they will theoretically last forever.
- Research costs have been increased and electricity has been integrated as a research prerequesition.

But I also integrated some simplifications (and so raised the OPness of this mod):
- All "Soylent Products" will stack up to 500 items per tile.
- There is an additional research step: "Advanced Soylent Production". After researching that, you can mass produce all "Soylent Products" (100 pieces instead of five, at a 35% reduced production time). Also you will be able to produce "Survival Meals" out of "Soylent Products" and/or pemmican (at a higher ressource cost than regular "Survival Meal" production).
Download :
Dropbox alpha17 release!!

Alpha 16 Release :

Download 16!

Expanded in alpha 15: Soylent meds and Soylent Cola added!
Download a15!!

Updated by me for a14.
Steam Link.
Adds Soylent Green...

Bad thoughts because your colonists are starving or have to eat human meat? Not anymore! Give them Soylent Green made from high energy plankton from our seas. Remember - tuesday is Soylent Green Day!

Soylent Green Research - Research the Soylent Green Machine
Soylent Green Machine - Make Soylent Green from.. well.. People
Soylent Green - acts as raw food. Cook it for best results.

Orignal Mod made by master modder JuliaEllie.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5450

All credit goes to Julia.

Kluge

Truthowl

Thank you for this.

btw my pawns are eating it raw when there are simple meals available. Could you lower it's uh... preference?

Edit:
Maybe make it DesperateOnly?
--
Truthowl
--
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 45nm Technology
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GA-UD3H (Socket M2)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

dismar

Quote from: Truthowl on April 15, 2016, 11:02:09 AM
Thank you for this.

btw my pawns are eating it raw when there are simple meals available. Could you lower it's uh... preference?

Edit:
Maybe make it DesperateOnly?

Hmmm thats weird it's supposed to be set to Raw... lol

Fixed! Dropbox link updated.

Zeta Omega

HOORAY FOR ACCEPTABLE CANNIBALISM!
Now all we need is a mod that makes bone decorations or effigies...

JuliaEllie

I actually thought about making a bone carving industry but I couldnt get a hook into the butchering process to make it drop appropiate bones.

pktongrimworld

Zeta Omega

having a problem...What should I use to download this?

Kluge

Use winRAR or 7zip to extract the files from the .rar archive.

Zeta Omega

Quote from: Kluge on April 16, 2016, 02:02:29 PM
Use winRAR or 7zip to extract the files from the .rar archive.
Thank you, figured out what I was doing wrong, oddly enough it was VERY close to this.

Zeta Omega

Quote from: JuliaEllie on April 16, 2016, 12:35:20 PM
I actually thought about making a bone carving industry but I couldnt get a hook into the butchering process to make it drop appropiate bones.
have you tried doing weapon mods? like you could add a meathook weapon, chainsaw, maybe something in the butchers table that allows you to harvest bones to make armor?

hector212121

Quote from: JuliaEllie on April 16, 2016, 12:35:20 PM

How about disabling vanilla butchering and making a new butcher recipe?

hurtavy

For 14

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

dismar

Opps!! this has been out on Steam since 14 launch.

Chibisuke

The toons now know it's Human...it shows ingredients : Human Corpse