[A13] Colonist with no manipulation skills attempts but can't capture attacker

Started by gibbsman, April 09, 2016, 01:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibbsman

Current Results: I had a colonist that had lost a right hand and left arm in a previous battle. After an attacker was taken out by a turret I sent the colonist without manipulation skills to capture the attacker. Once the colonist arrived she attempted to manipulate the attacker and couldn't, but couldn't do anything else either. The frame rate dropped drastically, the colonist could do nothing (drafted or undrafted) and eventually the attacker died. No other colonists could do anything with the attacker because the original colonist had already reserved the attacker.

Expected results: Prevent a colonist that has no manipulation skills to interact with a fallen attacker which (I assume) requires manipulation to pick up and move to the jail cell.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Get a colonist who has no manipulation skills (arms or hands removed)
2. Have an attacker that is incapacitated
3. Send colonist with no manipulation skills to capture the incapacitated attacker.

Xav

I would recommend taking this one step further...

....if the player manually instructs pawn 1 to do *something*...if pawn 2 already assigned (whether manually instructed or not) to do the same *something* on the same object, then pawn 1 overrides pawn 2 and pawn 2 does the next thing on his/her priorities.  Basically, a more streamlined/progressive way to instruct pawns.

ison

Fixed, thanks.

Quote from: Xav on April 09, 2016, 11:33:02 AM
....if the player manually instructs pawn 1 to do *something*...if pawn 2 already assigned (whether manually instructed or not) to do the same *something* on the same object, then pawn 1 overrides pawn 2 and pawn 2 does the next thing on his/her priorities.  Basically, a more streamlined/progressive way to instruct pawns.

I think it's useful when you click on something and you can see if it's already reserved by someone. With this approach there would be no way to know if it's already being handled by someone at the moment. Not sure about it.