Can we at least ransom prisoners?

Started by Mathenaut, April 09, 2016, 04:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathenaut

- Slaving them is heavily punished.
- We can't organ farm them anymore.
- Recruit thresholds are often ridiculous.
- Can't just kill them, that's punished too.
- Keeping them for too long now results in prison breaks.

So what exactly are we supposed to do? Could we at least sell them back to their faction or something, or are we going to start finding more innovative ways to reduce our load again?

asanbr

How is slaving punished? In A12 there were no faction losses, I haven't checked it in A13.

Unless any major changes were in A13 (they were not in the list) then I have to disagree.

Mathenaut

There is a massive colony-wide mood debuff to selling prisoners off to slavers.

kpsychopath

you can just let them go you know. You dont have to gain something from them. IMO i think it was meant to be that way. Aka when your in a tough spot mabye you cant handle your prisioners and have to let them all go to ease it up

A Friend

You can just release them though and they'll peacefully leave the map.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Kent Lang

It just seems wrong to release the prisoners who killed my colonists favorite animal, their husband, their sister, ect.

If anything. Releasing a prisoner who have attempted and killed a colonist should give a mood debuff, especially considering that the attacks are almost always unprovoked.

Justas love

Ok the ''sell the prisoner to their faction'' is a very good idea and this should happen eye to an eye.

E.g the faction arives declaring -we want our ppl back for x amount of silver.
If you say no they will attack, if you say yes you will gain the money

Limdood

its possible to kill with no mood penalty....just uncheck "gets food" and wait 3 days.

On the other hand, there now is more drawback to butchering humans, since the mood penalty hits everyone now.

Mathenaut

Quote from: Limdood on April 09, 2016, 01:27:40 PM
its possible to kill with no mood penalty....just uncheck "gets food" and wait 3 days.

On the other hand, there now is more drawback to butchering humans, since the mood penalty hits everyone now.

Can't even do that reliably, since the mood crash will send them berserk or something. Though, I guess I could just set up a killzone or something.

If just releasing them is all I can do, then there's no point in keeping them alive to begin with. This is a problem, as the game presumes that some fraction of raiders will contribute to colony size. Unless you rolled someone with high social skill, this is not true.

skullywag

setup a small room with a bed, made of stone, put some heaters in there, when youre done with a prisoner, move them to "the oven". Turn up heaters.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Mathenaut

Quote from: skullywag on April 09, 2016, 04:03:11 PM
setup a small room with a bed, made of stone, put some heaters in there, when youre done with a prisoner, move them to "the oven". Turn up heaters.

You did this, Tynan. I just wanted to pass of the people trying to wipe out my colony for a quick buck, but nooo.

Now you get Hitler. Let's see a mood penalty for that.

Mikhail Reign

I just wall them in. Or have colonist beat the shit out the them. Either free medical training, or they stop being a food drain.

thedee05

I have one prison break every 2 years doing the following:
-Provide a large enough room
-Give each prisoner their own room
-Give them a table.
-Give them a light
-Give them meals, fine meals everyone often is a plus
-Talk to them and try to recruit
-Carpet their floors
-Wall their room, no rough mountain walls.
-Don't harvest their organs.
-Don't beat them.

Do these things and RNG will allow them to join, eventually.

Mathenaut

So keep a food drain and time sink on hand, and maybe after like 3 years maybe they'll join.

All that is going to give me is alot of prisoners and no easy way to deal with them. That's a little less appealing than the oven to be honest.

NephilimNexus

Quote from: skullywag on April 09, 2016, 04:03:11 PM

Or do the opposite... do an Arctic Biome, looting the human popsicles laying outside your base after a "Siege Event" is always funny.