Colonist stuck behind wall

Started by Wicstar, April 09, 2016, 08:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicstar

Good day,
Not sure if this should be in the bug section or suggestion.
When I start building a room inside a cave, sometime my colonist pass the wall and build it from the outside, therefore locking itself in a cave with no exit.
The same thing is happening with the corners of room. Where he will go in the corner and build the 2 walls and he will be stuck in a 1x1 square, O being the colonist and W the walls:

W W    W
W        W
O W W W

Anybody else having this problem ?

asanbr

I haven't had the corner thing, but the other thing has happened a lot. Not sure if it's because of A13 or if it behaved the same in A12.

Listen1

It is not as much as a priority issue, unfortunetly right know the colonist dosen't consider what he will do after the action (I'll build this wall an then i'll walk away)
If he does this check many action can break.

On a similar note, if you get a colonist stuck in the middle of a wall and cannot leave, the amount of lag it generates is huge. Really huge.

Locklave

I had this happen yesterday, I've never seen the AI do this before ever. I watched her move into the corner and wall herself in. Maybe this has always been possible, but this is certainly the first time I've seen it.

Edit:
I kinda wanted to say to her "Fine be like that" and leave her there.

Captain Sho

Has happened about 3 or 4 times to me. I have to keep doing head counts to make sure no one got stuck.

Mihsan

Somehow builders now prefer to stay on the wrong side, when they are building walls. Had to rebuild one wall 4 times because builder was traped inside eact time.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Graufalke

Well, I know it was present in version 10 (ya been that long since I have played I think).

I always staggered the building of my walls and built corners first to prevent this, kind of like shown below.

1211_1
2____2
1____1
1____1
2____2

Little extra management, but I got sick of the facepalm moments otherwise lol

Tynan

It's an issue as old as the game, and not technically a bug since everything is working as designed. It's an AI derp, though, you're right.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog