Components getting annoying...

Started by Shurp, April 09, 2016, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenWL

Quote from: Mathenaut on April 28, 2016, 10:36:14 PM
Why would any spacefarer be traveling without components?
'Dammit, our engine broke down, Smith, where are our components?'
'Sold the lot of em to the colony we passed by last week captain!'
'Haven't I told you last time to not sell our components?'

Then again, even if they do have them, why would they be selling them?

Mathenaut

..For the same reason they sell everything else. May as well ask why they'd bother selling food or clothing in that case, the same reasoning applies.

Seriously, reality is too unrealistic for some people.

linkfanpc

I ran out of components and needed WAY more solar generators, batteries, etc. Kept buying very little amounts from traders, but it didn't really help. So i decided to deconstruct a old ship piece and like 10-15 components popped out. Plus, i found out compacted machinery gave them.

Not too long after that, i realized there was a fueled generator, and i didn't have to just use solars. *facepalm*
I was gonna put a smart-guy quote here but i couldn't think of one so here's a stick dude.
\o
|\
/ \

Mathenaut

I'm not sure what you're building that requires so many solars. You need to put up a geotherm or something if you're going to have a bunch of powered benches running all day.

Shurp

Farming indoors requires power.  That would be my guess.  Or he forgot to turn off the electric smelter when he's done :)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.