deep rooms

Started by bigbobbear, April 06, 2016, 10:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbobbear

since deep rooms stay cool in the heat, what about when its cold outside? do deep room stick to a specific temperature they try to stay at all times or just cooler then outside ambient temperature?

skullywag

I believe they try to always get to a certain temperature, so if its too cold outside it may actually heat up, need to test this.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mumblemumble

They tend to stick to a certain range,  but outside temperature influences it. High heat caves are cooler,  cool weather caves are warmer,  especially if inhabited.

Course heat shielding can only do so much,  usually only 100 degree difference max from outside (this is assuming you get insane,  debug level temperatures like - 400 or 1000 f on the surface)
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Takamiki

so my question to this is... how deep do you need to be for a significant temperature drop? i tried making a deep mountain refrigerator and only went in around 25 blocks deep away from the outside with 2-3 layers of rooms between. the outside was at 26°C and what was my fig was only at down to 22-23°C. if i had made it 10-15 blocks deeper would it drop below 20°C? also one thing i wonder does the room near it affect it's temperature? cause i was planning to use that temperature exchange to let the cooling unit both cool down my refrigerator and heat up my room with hydroponics.

bigbobbear

after a bit of testing it seems you only need to be around 5 blocks in to see a difference, on a hot jungle map it was 120 outside and only around 80 inside, on the reverse on the super cold map im playing now it actually seems like the inside of the mountain is colder then outside

i have a prison room off to the side not near any other heat source and its at -82 yet its only -71 outside, and i can only guess it will get worse when it turns winter on this map