Asthma?

Started by Sorenzo, April 11, 2016, 04:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorenzo

Hey

Maybe I know very little about asthma, but I figured it'd be a chronic thing, and thought it was a new kind of disease that required treatments to abate.

But after only a few days, one of my colonists has developed "major" asthma.

What exactly am I supposed to do with asthma? Does it go away? Does my colonist need rest? Medicine? A lung transplant?

Limdood

lung transplant will eliminate it.

However, i had the same issue...80 year old asthmatic...saw "major" in one lung...treated it as normal.  Few days later it was back to minor...*shrug*

Adamiks

If you wont treat it correctly colonist will suffocate. I think at least, i never let it happen, but i dont see any other point especially that breathing isnt responsible for like anything.

sadpickle

Quote from: Adamiks on April 11, 2016, 09:45:02 PM
If you wont treat it correctly colonist will suffocate. I think at least, i never let it happen, but i dont see any other point especially that breathing isnt responsible for like anything.
Fairly certain it affects walk speed, and perhaps other things such as (guessing) how quickly toxic fallout will poison the pawn.

Adamiks

I thought so too but it doesnt, only consciousness and moving affects walking speed. I checked all of that and nothing contains breathing, so i assume there is no thing like 'toxic fallout poisoning speed'.

Sorenzo

I think it's very likely that asthma gives more penalties in advanced stages.

I'm glad to have confirmed that it dies down after a while. I'll just have to let my colonist recover before he faints.