Can you plz not go there??

Started by Panzer, April 09, 2016, 09:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer

I really like the trade caravans, but can we please have them not stop on growing zones? Feels like early alphas all over, with visitors stealing your food. Im really tempted to shred those muffs and piss off the faction to save my devilstrand, because the nutrition value of crops in general is really low now and those critters keep eating.
I like the idea of low nutrition crops so hungry animals keep eating them all, so you have to watch out for them, but I dont really approve of faction animals behaving this way..

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Shinzy

kakafika

sadpickle

Do they just bypass locked doors? Or is there an open path to the garden.

Mathenaut

They can just walk through your place like they lived there.

erdrik

I would love a "trade spot" building.

Like the sleeping spot, or crafting spot, it would just designate an area that visitors can go to.
Or maybe a new region/zone type.

ChJees

Shame this game do not got elves water and magma. Could give them a proper greeting that way. You know, to clean them up before they can get in.

Sounds like this game needs a trading depot :P.

Panzer

I didnt lock the door because I didnt expect that to happen :P Now I know better.

The worst thing is they just go a little bit over the hunger threshold and like a second later they re at it again. I lost more or less 50 shrooms to them.

Nasikabatrachus

sadpickle

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on April 09, 2016, 05:09:51 PM
oopsies

http://puu.sh/oci3w/4a3eee040f.png
Beautiful. Do you get a hit to faction relations when they starve and cannibalize each other?

Nasikabatrachus

Quote from: sadpickle on April 09, 2016, 05:45:34 PM
Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on April 09, 2016, 05:09:51 PM
oopsies

http://puu.sh/oci3w/4a3eee040f.png
Beautiful. Do you get a hit to faction relations when they starve and cannibalize each other?

I doubt it, but they didn't last that long, so I didn't find out. A toxic fallout plume arrived shortly after I walled them in.

Kazuto Kirigaya

Quote from: ChJees on April 09, 2016, 03:11:08 PM
Shame this game do not got elves water and magma. Could give them a proper greeting that way. You know, to clean them up before they can get in.

Sounds like this game needs a trading depot :P.
Nice, was that a Dwarf Fortress reference?
I am highly unstable.

deslona

Tile for parties
Tile for marriages

I *wish* we could have a tile for caravans that wouldn't be abused for slaughters or starvation.

Maybe some consequences with caravan deaths? Regardless of how they die a negative effect (extreme I know)? Mayhaps checks with who is doing damage. But environmental damage (fire, toxins, cold) is blamed on the player. This would also encourage players to decide if they WANT caravans to come.
Deaths blamed on violence (caused by certain factions or animals) would be attributed to that faction and perhaps a proportion of that to the player... Or some consequence resulting in less caravans for a while.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: deslona on April 10, 2016, 02:27:49 AM

Maybe some consequences with caravan deaths? Regardless of how they die a negative effect (extreme I know)? Mayhaps checks with who is doing damage. But environmental damage (fire, toxins, cold) is blamed on the player.

Perhaps instead once the caravan dies the supplies are flagged as restricted, and a new group of visitors from that faction arrives to recover it? You can un-flag the items and take them for your colony, at the cost of pissing off the faction visitors that are coming to collect it and the faction in general.

keylocke

people abuse caravans with or without a trading depot or visitor allowed area anyways.

might as well just add the feature in to make it easier to address legitimate visitor AI derps.