No trade ships anymore in A13?

Started by asanbr, April 09, 2016, 10:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

makapse

i havent seen it too. OT, i had 3 ships in my summerafter year1, but  i had only got 1 land caravan in the previous 2 seasons each and they had both died due to extreme ice sheet cold and  refused to trade with the 2 in the fall so i had went 3 seasons without trade. Randy extreme may have trolled too.

Coenmcj

Steel you can break down from weapons in the electric forge, pretty sure you can do the same with clothes at the tailors bench, but not too sure on that due to the obnoxious "I'm going to immediately stop and restart this bill" bug with the tailor bench I've been running into.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

porcupine

I'm finding the same thing.

I made a go at a starting at the coldest spot on my planet seed (-80-90c or so in winter, -20-30c summer), and starting the game in the middle of winter.

I was a bit shocked, after having invested ... heavily to get a comms console, that I'm now in summer, and haven't seen a single trade ship.

Sure, the guys come in over land, but they never have anything interesting/exotic/etc.

I was blown away that raiders found me, and were bundled up to -110c though, little buggers.

captiva

Random Randy on Challenge and Ice Sheet, and I get caravans every day almost from other settlements. Yup, they all show up to eat my food, even the animals eat my food. Still have yet to have a space trader since A13

Mathenaut

Quote from: Coenmcj on April 11, 2016, 06:20:14 AM
Steel you can break down from weapons in the electric forge, pretty sure you can do the same with clothes at the tailors bench, but not too sure on that due to the obnoxious "I'm going to immediately stop and restart this bill" bug with the tailor bench I've been running into.

I've confirmed forging weapons. I have yet to see scrapping at tailor benches.

porcupine

Quote from: BrotherHawk on April 12, 2016, 12:36:59 AM
I might be completely blind, but where the hell are the trade beacon and comms console? They just seem to be fully missing for me.

Research is now required :)

Saw Candyman

Um, I don't mean to rub salt in the RNG wound, but I've seen more trade ships in A13 than I did in A12.
Magic Conch, my least favorite colonist (who has cataracts and is incapable of Dumb Labor) is bleeding to death! What should I do?

"Nothing."

THE MAGIC CONCH HAS SPOKEN!

makapse

and their price is increase and walls actually block the trade range

i saw 6 ships in 2 seasons too but i didnt trade anything the past 3 seasons so that was the reason. The ships and land traders compete for the same trade spot and trading with 1 sees more that to come again

Didact04

The whole reason I need those ships is because they, like, SELL stuff. And they BUY stuff. Caravans 90% of the time either A: do not have what you want, and/or B: will not buy fuck all, even if you're swimming in clothes and weapons and solid gold ornaments. They won't even buy leather.

If you're going to have trade caravans, why on earth wouldn't you have them, y'know, do the one thing trade caravans are supposed to do? All this crap sitting around is worthless and attracts pirates.

makapse

Caravans buy all the things, but they are like the ships, different caravans buy and sell different things only, we dont know what they are

ChimpX

Quote from: Mathenaut on April 11, 2016, 11:53:32 PM
Quote from: Coenmcj on April 11, 2016, 06:20:14 AM

I've confirmed forging weapons. I have yet to see scrapping at tailor benches.

You can burn clothes in a crematorium; I don't think you can disassemble them for materials.

Shurp

So it looks like we have three good reasons to shoot trade caravans on sight:
   1) They eat our stuff
   2) We can loot them
   3) If we convince trade caravans to stop visiting, we'll get more spaceships.

Am I right?  Gotta try this next time I have a chance to play.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Scotty

Its odd you guys have low trade/caravans.
while testing i got an avalanche of traders, from the same colony lol

makapse

dont shoot it will tank te relations with the factions and there will be many raids

Edit @scotty, thats the problem too many land caravan traders and no space traders

RX2000

I'm seeing a lot fewer space traders in A13 also. :( I have had a beacon & powered comms center for a while now (almost a year) & havent seen 1 single trader yet. :( The caravans keep stopping by, but they hardly ever have anything good. :(