[W|0.1.334] Performance: Stuttering when setting dumping priority to Prefered[m]

Started by magussartori, January 31, 2014, 02:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magussartori

Version 0.1.334
Compiled Jan 26 2014

Summary -
Getting lower performance and seeing stuttering after creating a new stockpile restricted to Rock Debris and setting the piles priority to 'Preferred' or better. Removing the pile or lowering the priority removes the issues.

- Stuttering can most easily be seen at medium or high speed.
- The stockpile covers a main base entrance and so must be frequently pathed through.
- This is a large map

Steps to Reproduce -
1. Start with a single entrance base.
2. Create a Dumping stockpile that covers the entire entrance to the base.
3. Edit the stockpile setting and change the materials to only accept rock debris.
4. Edit the stockpile setting and change the Priority drop-down to ‘Important’.
5. Exit the stockpile and increase the game speed to observe framerate stuttering.

Expected Results -
Game performance (framerate and responsiveness) continues as normal.

Actual Results -
Game performance drops.

Notes -
I understand that large maps come with performance issues, but performance on my PC has been reasonable otherwise even with the large maps and many hours of gameplay. The performance issue may cause an issue on smaller maps using a lower end PC.

Attachments -
Save was too large to attach though the forums. It's available here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B31XizFlK5zhVEl6M2U1RkNtMVE/edit?usp=sharing

Semmy

I didnt manage to reproduce it myself in a small colony so it for sure has to do with size.

Why it only triggers with a stockpile with rockdebris i don't got a clue (-:

Thanks for reporting. Added it on mantis.
http://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=324
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

OobleckTheGreen

This is very similar to an issue I just posted in Bugs today. I was getting major FPS lag when I created a couple debris-only stockpiles. When I quit and restarted, the issue went away, HOWEVER, I'm still getting really weird stuff happening with the stockpiles.

For example, I created one debris-only stockpile, and when I'd set some rocks to haul away, the colonists would deposit the rocks in the stockpile, only to have them show up NEXT TO the stockpile. Then I deleted that one and created another. This time, even though I set the stockpile to critical + debris only, no one would pick up any rocks and haul to the stockpile.

harpo99999

Quote from: OobleckTheGreen on February 04, 2014, 09:57:54 PM
This is very similar to an issue I just posted in Bugs today. I was getting major FPS lag when I created a couple debris-only stockpiles. When I quit and restarted, the issue went away, HOWEVER, I'm still getting really weird stuff happening with the stockpiles.

For example, I created one debris-only stockpile, and when I'd set some rocks to haul away, the colonists would deposit the rocks in the stockpile, only to have them show up NEXT TO the stockpile. Then I deleted that one and created another. This time, even though I set the stockpile to critical + debris only, no one would pick up any rocks and haul to the stockpile.
I also see this  effect but have noticed that it appears to be bloodstains dirt and grass causing this effect, even on concrete pads for the dumpzone, and if the dumpzone happens to adjoin  a wall of my bas the slag even teleports BACK inside the base

ItchyFlea

Added another save to the report that also has this issue.
It's a very weird one indeed, as it does only occur when a colonist is trying to move debris already placed in a debris pile, and there is nothing in the output_log to explain it.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created