basic help needed (mod)

Started by Jakub k., April 09, 2016, 03:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakub k.

well,recently i spent some times trying to add a fallout biome to the map generator, full of gravel and a custom  terrain.it was going well until i realised with one of the new updates,a "workerClass" has been added to each biome .i'm new to modding so i just thought leaving it as a clone of arid shrub land would be fine,either making it spawn similarly or replace it.but unfortunately nothing generated on a new map,so i changed it to "BiomeWorker_Fallout" ,thinking it'll make a new class,but that just created an error.
i need help fixing this,ive been looking for where these classes are stored for 2 hours with no luck.remember,i'm new to modding so please be specific when answering :D

ps this biomeworker workerclass code can be found in the biome_arid file,under each arid biome in the game.

Toggle

See, what you're working with is XML. I basically work with it only too. Said workerclass is from the C# coding of the game. You'd need to create a new dll for new C# code.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Jakub k.

interesting. i have no way of creating  this due to my lack of skill,so i hope for more help.i really thought all the modding could be done using the "core" files