Traders / Insects AI problem ?

Started by Pickle, April 09, 2016, 05:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pickle

I'm playing on an ice sheet and I just had a weird "combat" against an insect hive. It was - 40°C outside and I've seen that most of the insects couldn't bear it, so I dug my way to the hive to weaken them. The nests disappeared quickly and the smallest insects started to get cold, I send a colonist to try to attract all of them outside and fight them. But they didn't come, they was wandering, even when they were wounded, or when my colonist was in the middle of the nest, shooting at them. She killed them all alone, with the help of cold.

That look like an other "problem" I had in the same play but during winter, some traders comes with the muffalos. It was - 100°C outside and they were in front of the entry, they die one by one and I thought they will flee, but no. At the end the last guy alive and the two muffalos started to live the map as if nothing happened, the muffalos died on the ways, dropped all their stuff and the guy stopped walking. He wandered on the snow during at least one whole day (I didn't checked if he was in a daze or no, sorry, I was too busy picking the stuff up, I admit xD) and eventually died too.

I have only one mod on, additional joy objects, it doesn't seem to be related with this issue for me, especially because my last play ended up when a colonist opened a door to attack an insect hive :P

Edit : By the magic of autosaves I did some tests, and the insects do attack, but only if a colonist bump into them, and if they flee to far away they stop attacking. But when I'm saying "too far away", it's only something like... 3 meters ? On the picture I have put, I haven't move move Chambers yet, and the last insect she killed is one of the spelothing near the unfinished wall. This is too far away for them to attack.

ison

Thanks for finding these bugs, they will be fixed in the next release.