No warning when attacked by hunting animals

Started by asanbr, April 09, 2016, 08:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asanbr

I was running my colony as usual at 4x speed just letting the night pass calmly then BOOM! one of my guys was eaten by a polar bear out of nowhere. No warning, no indication, nothing.

Everything else slows the game down when anyone starts aiming at a colonist. But hunting animals go under the radar 100%.

Not fair

Captain Sho

Yeah they need some work. I had a cougar attack one of my pets and my turret did nothing to try and stop it. It wasn't until i attack it with a pawn and the cougar attacked back that it would start shooting.

Mihsan

Same here. Most of the time I lose my animals to hungry cobra/bear/cougar... But couple of times I almost lose colonist and only "medical attention" alarm gave me sign that something is wrong.

IMO there should be sign when any wild predator (even small one because it can eat your tamed animals) is entering your home area.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

T-T

Hunting wargs wander inside my perimeter and attack colonists just outside the base, turrets do nothing, even when the colonist is attacking the animal in self-defense. The victim is blind to the incoming predator until bitten, and I'm only notified once a wound is inflicted. This is quite frustrating on a harsh tundra map, where most of the time the only thing predators can hunt are my colonists, for lack of other targets.   

Finally recruit a colonist at 3% chance -> lose her to a warg behind my turret line immediately after. KHAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

Tynan

This may be a design problem, but since it's working as designed it's not a bug.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog