Scum thieving visitors

Started by facc00, April 09, 2016, 08:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

I agree,  maybe even having services render able to a set price...  Find meal? 10 silver.  Nights stay? 30 silver.  Medical help? 30 silver an injury.

Could be cool,  but isn't this what the hospitality mod does?
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Jorlem

Really kinda annoyed right now.  Just had four of my colonists die of malnutrition because visitors ate my stockpile of food. (Also had a maliciously timed blight, but that wouldn't have been an issue if I had my stockpile.)

I honestly don't feel at all bad about going back to the last autosave and dev spawning in more food.

mumblemumble

I think you can forbid doors to stop them,  but this also forbids colonists.  Its dumb   but better than nothing.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Jorlem

Quote from: mumblemumble on April 15, 2016, 07:04:17 AM
I think you can forbid doors to stop them,  but this also forbids colonists.  Its dumb   but better than nothing.
So, for the few days the caravan stays around, I'm supposed to lock up my food so none of my colonists can eat either?

Shurp

Your colonists could eat the traders :)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Aatxe360

Quote from: mumblemumble on April 15, 2016, 07:04:17 AM

This doesn't work on visitors.  I have had the freezer doors forbidden during a solar flare and visitors keep opening them and letting all the cold air out.  Forbidden doors only work on colonists.

Lascer

It would be really nice to be able to create a visitor allowable zone, or the opposite. I don't know how much the game respects zones like that, but that would be the simplest answer.

Ghizmo

A zone for visitors..
+1 - good idea

Shurp

It would even make sense.  You have to build a Comm Console to get orbital traders.  Why not a requirement that you have to build a visitor pen to get visitors/traders?  The number of muffalo and guards that come with them is determined by how much grass and beds are available.

So if you build a big enough pen, trading would actually be worthwhile.  And to keep psychopathic players from dropping the roof on the traders the game would auto-forbid your colonists from entering the visitor pen as soon as visitors show up.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

cultist

Quote from: Shurp on April 22, 2016, 05:07:55 AM
And to keep psychopathic players from dropping the roof on the traders the game would auto-forbid your colonists from entering the visitor pen as soon as visitors show up.

That doesns't really stop shenannigans though. There are ways to trap AI pawns and murder them without touching them directly. While I think the current system has issues, I would rather see Tynan try to work around those than give too much control over traders to the player.

Shurp

I just had my first run-in with animals charging my freezer and consuming everything in sight because there's no food outside.  Definitely a downside to winter in the boreal forest.  Well, I have a solution -- I barricaded all the doors to my base, so now my guys are trapped inside with the food and they're trapped outside in the snow.  I hope they all starve to death.  Or better yet, start eating each other!

ChimpX

Quote from: cultist on April 22, 2016, 08:06:51 AM
Quote from: Shurp on April 22, 2016, 05:07:55 AM
And to keep psychopathic players from dropping the roof on the traders the game would auto-forbid your colonists from entering the visitor pen as soon as visitors show up.

That doesns't really stop shenannigans though. There are ways to trap AI pawns and murder them without touching them directly. While I think the current system has issues, I would rather see Tynan try to work around those than give too much control over traders to the player.

Why would you want to stop the shenanigans?  Shenanigans are the very heart of the Rimworld game play experience  ;D

Shurp

What we want to stop is feeling *required* to engage in shenanigans.  I shouldn't have to barricade my base when a bunch of muffalos show up.  It makes me want to drop a roof on them :)