Mood Debuff for Bonded critters

Started by Coenmcj, April 09, 2016, 10:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

So as I was checking to ensure my pawns were happy with their current room arrangements, I noticed the "Not a bonded animal's master" debuff for -3 and thought that was pretty cruel, considering how lousy some animals are in combat you don't want them fighting with your colonists.
Sure it gives a +5 buff when they're together, but... Why couldn't my damn grizzlies bond with my colonists instead of my labradors?.. :(

Ty, why have you gotta do this man? my family of Labradors are dogs, not Wargs! I don't want them being slaughtered for a small mood buff/Debuff. D:
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Lady Wolf

You can set up a restricted zone for the canines in a inner room of your colony and then when a raid happens assign all of the dogs there. Also you can change an animals master to none so they'll stay in that area while the colonist go to war then reassign them after the battle has passed.  ;)

Coenmcj

I know all about changing them to none, but that doesn't really help at all.
And assigning them to an area doesn't help since they follow the rules colonists that are drafted do(Area assignments are ignored, cause combat)
But the mood boost during combat is helpful, +8 (Technically, since it's a -3 if you don't have them with you) could mean the difference between a psychotic break or simply a dazed wandering.

Mathenaut

The problem is that for really weak and useless pets (i.e. cats), they are only a liability. They die easily so they don't even make a good shield, and the penalty for losing them is -15 for over a year.

Cimanyd

Quote from: Mathenaut on April 10, 2016, 07:53:46 AM
The problem is that for really weak and useless pets (i.e. cats), they are only a liability. They die easily so they don't even make a good shield, and the penalty for losing them is -15 for over a year.

It only lasts 20 days; a third of a year.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Coenmcj

But that's per critter iirc. and when you've got about 5 or 6 bonded pet-types, frankly that's just not cool. cause these mood debuffs tend to stack 2 or 3 times.

Barley

I just restrict the pets to my living room when the raids appear, and de-assign all assigned pets. It only takes a moment and the mood debuff isn't going to make or break a battle anyways.