Thrumbo Revenge

Started by Listen1, April 09, 2016, 10:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listen1

Working in my colony, trying to make 5 year on randy challange. My main warden/handler/researcher saw that a 3 thrumbo pack got mad with my colonists and decided to attack, on their way through the map they killed 4 visitors and downed other 2. I sent 4 men to fend them of, Samantha was with them.

The thrumbos were really fast, they flashed to the fields reaching my armed colonists in no time. I splited up them before they reached us, and first the 3 thrumbos got Ash, that was downed. While they attacked it, the other 3 rained fire on them. 2 Thrumbos went for Duster, and the other one for Pete. One of the thrumbos fell at the same that Duster got his hand cut off and fell on the ground. Pete didn't take long, and fell into the ground bleading.

The remaing two monster charged for Samantha, the one that killed their brothers. By this time, the turrents were set, and she ran to the protection of them. The rest of the colony came guns blazing to defeat the giant horse tanks.

As the thrumbos enter, they ignored the turrents and charged for the colonists. Swiftly, Samantha led everyone to a battety room nearby, and the thrumbos were in our base. After 5 seconds of silence you hear the dog whinning in pain, the Thrumbo was hunting Silence, our female labrator that was almost having her babies. That cannot happen.

Samantha with her Charge rifle opens the door and manage to hit the Thrumbo torso before it could do more damage to the dog, and the second thrumbo falls. Seeing this action the last thrumbo, with vengence in his eyes, charge again. This time it was sucessful, a one hit cut in the neck, made Samantha pass away.

The remaing colonists gather themselves and charge for it's enemy. Killing it off with many shots on it's body. The battle was won. The colony, rushed to aid the ones downed, and could only sob at the death of one of the founders of this colony.

A sarcaphogos is built for her, all the passion of Hayhouse, that crashed in this world with Samanta, is transmitted in a memory of Samantha in one of her favorite moments, handling the animals. Silence was healed and her puppies are out of danger.

And all that is left, is the memories of how brave she was, and the feeling that this burial, while not bringing her back, brought confort to the heart of the colonists.

Here's an Image of the burial.

Morze

It would be nice if funerals were a event, like marriages. I know you get mood bonus for sarcophagus burial, but that just isn't the same.

Speaking of Thrumbos, I have run with a pretty interesting map, where I found roughly 1/5 map covering "secret valley" after digging ~20 tiles in the mountainside. This mean't that my colony was basically an entrance to small patch of desert.

As I saw a herd of three Thrumbos visiting the map I decided to not hurt them (first Thrumbo I starved to death by building a wall around it as it slept as it stole my potatoes). To my surprise they pretty much ran trough my colony to my personal desert (I keep my doors open), so I just closed the backdoor and they were trapped. I decided to try to tame them, but no-one in my colony had high enough handling skill and no animals to train them, so I decided to keep them around as unofficial pets anyway. Turned out three Thrumbos eat far more vegetable than my colony could provide on short notice(population spike + blight), so one by one they fell despite my best efforts. Finally only one Thrumbo lived, but then it conviniently started to rain kibble, so it survived. Bought a couple of labs to train Ben (animal skill 8) to high enough level. Now the lone Thrumbo feed on my flower pots while I hope to one day to tame it.

Morze

Despite my handlers best efforts, the Thrumbo decided to self tame itself. Hah.