Should EdB's Interface and Prepare Carefully be integrated into the core game?

Started by Negocromn, April 10, 2016, 12:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should EdB's Interface and Prepare Carefully be integrated into the core game?

Yes
65 (81.3%)
No
10 (12.5%)
I have no experience with said mods
5 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Negocromn

A Friend

The only thing that really should be in the game is the Colonist tab from EdB's interface and Prepare Carefully.
Everything else is otherwise optional but nonetheless a very huge QOL improvement.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Robovski

I'm all for Prepare Carefully; it's good and is totally optional. I am fine with the interface as-is though.

Lady Wolf

Both prepare carefully and interface. (though make the interface toggle-able for those that don't want it.)

I don't play the newest version of RW until these two mods at minimum are updated to work with it.

If need be I'd pay $5 or more to fund their inclusion in the vanilla game. (as would many others I'd imagine.)

I recall the dog companions used to be a mod and now are part of vanilla, this too would make a excellent continuation of that trend.

MisterVertigo

Quote from: A Friend on April 10, 2016, 12:40:54 AM
The only thing that really should be in the game is the Colonist tab from EdB's interface and Prepare Carefully.
Everything else is otherwise optional but nonetheless a very huge QOL improvement.
I'd second this. The colonist tab and the icons at the top for each colonist. The rest I can live without.

With that being said, I've only used Prepare Carefully once or twice, and I didn't care for it all that much. I could very much be in the minority there though, so if it was included I wouldn't have an issue with it.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

deslona

Yes, some parts should be incorporated. But other aspects, such as being able to set up the resources. Not so. But I do understand that the points in Edb relate to both skills and resources. So having one and not the other may unbalance things somewhat.

BlackSmokeDMax

Didn't vote as I believe the interface should be part of vanilla, but prepare carefully should be kept as a mod.

Panzer

Same opinion as BlackSmokeDMax, the colonist interface is such a good tool to have, but I dont really need prepare carefully.

geekest_cat

The only feature I use in the Prepare Carefully pack is the ability to create custom colonists and to choose the starting pet companion type, and I think it should be part of the vanilla game. Same with the interface improvements and specially the absolutely crucial colonist bar. Also, the Pawn State Icons mod to get at first sight the critical moods and conditions of your pawns without having to hover over and check their needs tab is also mandatory.

Rofo

The fetaure that I would like to have implemented in vanilla is having the pawns displayed on the top of the interface. I find it really usefull to supervise them and fast search the characters.

About prepare carefully, it is interesting if you want to create a specific situation, but for now I like to play with random stories.

ChJees

EdB Interface should be part of vanilla in my opinion. VERY helpful to have all colonists available at glance instead of needing to go through a list.

Andy_Dandy

Colonist tabs inteface is extremely helpfull. Hopefully Tynan makes something simular, or integrates it. Prepar carefully not that important. Feels like cheating, but understand its usefull if u want to set up something special, even a nerfed game spending very few points.

MsMeiriona

Justas love

Interface must be added, but i would only use the prepare carefully to change my relationships and get a difrent pet.

Limdood

remember, even with Prepare Carefully, you didn't HAVE to use it...you could just hit random and go.

Prepare carefully allows a player to build specific, perhaps more odd colonies in order to get a better story.  Opposing it on the grounds that you might not be able to resist using it to make crazy OP colonists is honestly a personal issue...if you don't think you should use it...don't use it.  Rimworld is a single player game, play it however you want, use or don't use any feature you want (or don't) - i personally don't use turrets or mortars, plenty of other people do...i'm not railing for their removal or opposing their improvement because of my preference.  I think they're a wonderful addition...just not my cup of tea.

Interface is a little tricker....it might be hard to make "optional."  On the other hand, interfaces change over time, and people adapt to the new tools, new features, new improvements, and unfortunately, as a part of personal opinion, they also adapt to the unwanted changes and new limitations.  I think an interface mod that streamlined certain aspects, like colonist selection and control thru EdB's interface is a good thing, and people would necessarily need to adapt due to the new feature being a QoL improvement for the vast vast majority.