Beauty trait problematic

Started by Dragoon, April 10, 2016, 02:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

I got this blue haired chick with the trait and at first thought it was cool...till I realized all and I mean all of my male colonist only go for her. Literally One guy has 80 to this other girl she has 73 to him and hes not asking her out or anything but he has asked the blue haired chick out 5 times (rejected every time but that is not stopping him or any of the other male for that matter. Has anyone else had this problem?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

A Friend

The beauty trait isn't required.
In my colony there's Guy A that has a 70+ with Girl B who has a 60+ with him.
Guy A romanced Girl B more times than I have fingers but their relation never drops less than 40.
Girl B though has a 60+ with Guy C and he's trying to rope him into a relationship but problem is that he's married already to Girl E.

This is some TV drama stuff we have right here.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Pickle

The beauty trait bonus it a bit too high, first, in a colony which start with, for example, two brothers (+20) and a beautiful (+30), the colonists are more likely to prefer the unknown person just because of his/her appearance. Family should be the thing that matter the most.

And the beautiful people are sexually harassed all the time, if this kind of drama happens between people you know each other, ok, but again, just because of this trait, it's too much.

For me, it should be a +15 bonus.

Coenmcj

You know the old adage! : Hoes before bros.
Wait..

I'm still positive that Cheating or polyamorous relations can happen, but I haven't seen any yet.
The beautiful social bonus is a tad OP, was kinda expecting a "pretty" inbetween normalcy and that, for a +15
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Rofo

"Disfigured" is a bit problematic too. A pawn can be punched regularly in social fights due to it.
A character in my colony lost an eye defending the colony and started being harmed, until she lost her other eye due to a mates fist.

Mihsan

Quote from: Rofo on April 10, 2016, 04:57:58 AM
"Disfigured" is a bit problematic too. A pawn can be punched regularly in social fights due to it.
A character in my colony lost an eye defending the colony and started being harmed, until she lost her other eye due to a mates fist.
I had Ugly+Disfigured colonist. It is really brutal combination, but somehow he still had some friends.

Also it is possible to become disfigured in a social fight (one colonist destroyed nose on another one). Then it is even more complicated.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

mumblemumble

Another thing to keep in mind is personalities... Some girls dig scars (not looking like a zombie level,  but scars non the less)  some people view compatability as more important than looks,  ect...  Would be nice if this was randomized a tad.

Also,  is there even a penalty if someone flirts with someone elses lover?
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

cultist

Given how easy it is for a colonist to get disfigured, the penalty should probaly be lessened a bit. And I agree, +30 is too much for beautiful.

sadpickle

Am I the only one who thinks it's totally realistic, deep simulation that heterosexual males are practically fighting each other over the beautiful grill?

blackrosezia

Quote from: Coenmcj on April 10, 2016, 04:35:14 AM
I'm still positive that Cheating or polyamorous relations can happen, but I haven't seen any yet.
The beautiful social bonus is a tad OP, was kinda expecting a "pretty" inbetween normalcy and that, for a +15

Cheating can happen. I had a wanderer join that was married to a councilwoman of an outlander town. I got a popup saying he had started an affair with my doctor/cook. Coincidentally it was after she cured him of gutworms. xD

stefanstr

Quote from: sadpickle on April 10, 2016, 10:33:47 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's totally realistic, deep simulation that heterosexual males are practically fighting each other over the beautiful grill?
No, you're not. I think it's realistic, too. But I agree that the "disfigured" modifier is too  high. But maybe the solution shouldn't be to nerf it but instead to add some more distinctions: a "scar lover" trait that sees scars as sexy, a "disfigured defending me" positive modifier if someone has seen another colonist get hurt in a fight with hostiles.

And somewhat unrelated, but there should be a "I hurt another colonist" mood debuff if they hurt a colonist who is not their rival.

JesterHell

Personally I could see the appearance traits expanded to be like this.

hideous -30
ugly -15
average 0
pretty +15
beautiful +30   

Quote from: Pickle on April 10, 2016, 03:29:00 AM
The beauty trait bonus it a bit too high, first, in a colony which start with, for example, two brothers (+20) and a beautiful (+30), the colonists are more likely to prefer the unknown person just because of his/her appearance. Family should be the thing that matter the most.

And the beautiful people are sexually harassed all the time, if this kind of drama happens between people you know each other, ok, but again, just because of this trait, it's too much.

For me, it should be a +15 bonus.

While I do think that family is the highest priority I understand that not everyone thinks like that, after all many people kill their family over money, its not too much of a stretch for it to be over love.